June 2010 Weddings

I miss you ladies!!!!!!!!!

So, I miss you b!tches like you wouldn't believe!  

Update, I love my job.  I love the people I work for.  I think this could be a really great thing for me.  The negative, I don't get to hang out with all you lovely ladies as much.

I do have a question, I have a bach. party on Saturday.  My MOH, I believe, is the one really throwing the party.  Do I buy her a gift prior to the party?  I assume that's a yes.  What did you ladies get your party throwers.  (I know we hate talking about gifts, I have something in mind, I just want to know if I'm on the right page or not).

Re: I miss you ladies!!!!!!!!!

• I miss you too!!!!

I got my MOH a shutterfly photobook of our e-pics. That's what she wanted. She loved it!

Glad you love your job! <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lca315girllca315girl
    2500 Comments
    edited May 2010
    *squeals* OMG! I miss you so effin' much! You know JB is the etiquette queen of the board, so I'll let her answer your gift question.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • I got mine some loot from Lush.   We miss you to BTW!!!
  • edited May 2010
    someone cue "can you feel the love tonight" 

Thanks ladies!  Things are starting to calm down a bit so I should be around a little more often, although not during the day obviously :)
  • Knibs, am I gonna get yelled at for saying b!tches?  I just realized that.  I would laugh.  Very hard. 
  • Or perhaps my siggy is too offensive.  Hilariously I can't change it!  HAHAHAHA. 

Ok, I'll stop  making trouble now. 
  • Can you feel the love tonight!!!

• thanks for the drive-by! FWIW, i don't have a MOH, only bmaids, so i didn't get them an additional gift for arranging the bach. party. organic cotton robes from pottery barn and the coolest thing ever--mini leatherman tools with nail files, screwdrivers, corkscrew, etc. i have one and use it all the freaking time.
  • In Response to Re: I miss you ladies!!!!!!!!!:
    thanks for the drive-by!
    Posted by Jane_Birkin
    I don't know why, but I'm laughing my arse off.
  • Yay Schu!!!! 

See, I guess my main issue is that there may be more than one person putting this on.  I know MOH and FSIL/BM and one of my other best friends went out today to "buy supplies" so I don't know if they are all spliting it and if so I don't want to bring one gift for MOH when they contributed just as much.  I would find out the day of but I feel a little stuck.  Would it be bad to give a gift a few days after the party?
    I got mine some loot from Lush.   We miss you to BTW!!!
    Posted by supergirl377
    My sister just bought a bunch of Lush stuff for me for my bridesmaids.

I dunno kmt. What about a nice gift card? Maybe that's a cop-out, idk. 
  • HEY WOMAN!  Work is overrated.  Quit and Knot.  We'll pay you in light-hearted quips and smiles.   We miss you!

For serious, though, glad your job is fabulous- you deserve it.

I'm no help with gifts.  I'm buying mine wine, probably.   How about martini stuff- make up a basket.  My wedding party is composed of unabashed lushes, so that stuff all works for us ;)

photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• i aim to please, lcagirl :)
    My wedding party is composed of unabashed lushes, so that stuff all works for us ;)
    Posted by amberpro
    I didn't know I was in your wedding party. I guess I need to hurry and get my dress.
    In Response to Re: I miss you ladies!!!!!!!!! : I didn't know I was in your wedding party. I guess I need to hurry and get my dress.
    Posted by lca315girl
    No worries, it's hangin in the closet... all fierce and waitin for you.
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• KnibletKniblet
    2500 Comments
    I polled all the MOD's in the MOD forum about profanity.  As long as it's not flaming someone or being hurtful, they all let it slide.  I know you well enough to know you mean no harm by it.

And JB might not be around for the Etiquette question.  She's OOT for her sis' graduation. 

She texted me from the MSP AIRPORT today.  If her layover had been longer, Knibbles would have been hauling arse to see her.  LOL.

And kmt?
    I MISSED YOU SO MUCH IT HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
  • Glad you came in to say HI!

For my shower I bought the hostesses wine charms, a custom cork and a big candle!

My bachlorette party is next weekend as well as a shower thrown by the same group of girls. I have two thoughts on this:
    1) If it just says "Hosted by Sexy and Sexier" on the invite I'm just going to buy gifts for them (Like a VS Gift card or a nice nighty to stick with the lingerie shower theme)
    2) If it doesn't say who it's hosted by or it's hosted by more then a few of my friends I might get everyone a small gift to say thank you (Like a Pedi set or gift card to our local sex shop!)
  • Hwrd2beHwrd2be
    1000 Comments
    Aww, we missed you KMT. I am so glad that you like your job. What do you do? I havent seen you on here or on FB and was wondering what happened. So glad you stopped by.
    Photobucket
  • lca315girllca315girl
    2500 Comments
    edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: I miss you ladies!!!!!!!!!:
    No worries, it's hangin in the closet... all fierce and waitin for you.
    Posted by amberpro
    Thanks, boo!

And JB might not be around for the Etiquette question.  She's OOT for her sis' graduation. 
    Posted by Kniblet
    I completely forgot about that.
  • Glad to hear the job is going great! This board has been full of new/random people lately...it's good to see a familiar name!

I bought my MOH flowers and a card after the bach party. I know FSIL helped plan it too, but my MOH did most of the hard work and put up most of the money, so I felt like flowers for her sufficed.
    Anniversary
  • MISS YOU K!!!!!!!!!! 

So glad the job's going well though- woot!!
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • I've missed you!  We haven't even talked about the Lost finale!  Glad the job is going well and you are super duper happy. :)

I'm no help with your gift question though.  Some of the PPs made some good suggestions.
  • I miss you so much Knibs that I was going through withdrawls!!!  I will say, all of that will be totally taken care of next Saturday/!!!!!!!  Woot!!!!

And sorry I disappeared again ladies.  I think I'm going to wait.  I didn't actually get an invitation, just was told where to be when.  I'll see each of them soon after the party so I can give them gifts ind. :)
  • I mished you, kmt! I'm glad I get to see on you Saturday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards