Idaho
Options

How do you divide up the holidays?

Since we're all engaged or married, how do you and your FI/H divide up the holidays with the different families?

It's a struggle for H and I so I'm interested to see how other couples handle it.

Re: How do you divide up the holidays?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We have an interesting situation. My parents celebrate Thanksgiving more than Christmas, so we spend Thanksgiving with them. As for Christmas, we spend time with his dad, and then go up to his mom's for the rest of Christmas. She really celebrates the holidays and goes all out. I am really looking forward to Christmas at his mom's. The only thing I will miss is Christmas with my parents at my grandpa's. That is a family tradition that won't be the same anymore. It is a hard thing to figure out. Chances are we will eventually do our own thing...

What about you?
    ~totally in love with my best friend~ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    shortgrass03shortgrass03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_idaho_divide-up-holidays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:78Discussion:dfa12a81-135f-4def-bad4-83441a1230b8Post:86a84c9b-52ed-4fee-9179-12ae31c2fb00">Re: How do you divide up the holidays?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have an interesting situation. My parents celebrate Thanksgiving more than Christmas, so we spend Thanksgiving with them. As for Christmas, we spend time with his dad, and then go up to his mom's for the rest of Christmas. She really celebrates the holidays and goes all out. I am really looking forward to Christmas at his mom's. The only thing I will miss is Christmas with my parents at my grandpa's. That is a family tradition that won't be the same anymore. It is a hard thing to figure out. Chances are we will eventually do our own thing... What about you?
    Posted by KoiKawaii[/QUOTE]

You're getting married in THREE days?! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Have a <strong><em><u>terrific </u></em></strong>weekend and post some pictures for us to see! :) :)
    image ~*~Rowyn at 5 months!~*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This year my family is doing Christmas this weekend because my sister's ex lives in Mtn. Home, where my parents live and he will have her son for Christmas, so her and her FI are just going to come up from Utah and celebrate a week early at my parents house.

I work nights and I usually get weekends off, but this year, I ended up having to work Christmas Eve and Christmas (at least it's at night and I get time and a half!) so FI's family is local so we will spend the time with them

In the past, my FI hasn't spent time with my family (people didn't get along but that's all dropped now!) , so I've done Christmas eve with them and Christmas with my family, but he's going to spend this weekend with my family for the first time in the whole 6 years we have been together, I'm very excited! :)

Sorry that's so long... lol
    image ~*~Rowyn at 5 months!~*~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with shortgrass... We need pictures!!

Last year we spent Christmas with my family and we were supposed to do TG with my family and Christmas with his family this year but his family doesn't do much for Christmas and mine goes to our cabins in Cascade and goes snowmobiling and skiing. So we decided to do TG with his family and go to Cascade with my family this year.  We'll see about next year... It's really hard for me to give up Christmas with my family. I'm selfish like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I will post pictures. I am so excited!!!!! and yes it is THREE DAYS!!!! AAGGHHHAA SurprisedLaughing
    ~totally in love with my best friend~ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_idaho_divide-up-holidays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:78Discussion:dfa12a81-135f-4def-bad4-83441a1230b8Post:6df11589-6738-4d41-a5ca-0889217958c9">Re: How do you divide up the holidays?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I will post pictures. I am so excited!!!!! and yes it is THREE DAYS!!!! AAGGHHHAA
    Posted by KoiKawaii[/QUOTE]

Yay! Hope everything goes smoothly and I will think about you this weekend! :) (Lucky! I have 4 months!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards