New York-Western

Officiant recommendations in Rochester, NY

Hi,

I'm looking for a personable and friendly justice of the peace or judge in the Rochester area who is willing to customize the wedding ceremony a little bit (i.e. unity ceremony)...any suggestions? Or any suggestions of websites or places to find an officiant?

Thanks!

Re: Officiant recommendations in Rochester, NY

• edited December 2011
    Rev Kris Miller has a great website. She will be on sabbatical in 2012 but will recommend colleagues.
  • AnemonymAnemonym member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Joan Ruffels at www.solcelebrations.com .  I was not able to book her due to her already having been booked that day, but when we met her we were very impressed.  She would do a customized ceremony for a very good price.  She had each part of the ceremony in a binder with different options to help you get ideas.  After meeting with her we had a much better idea of what we wanted in the ceremony (before we were totally clueless).

I myself am going with Reverend Doug. Jackson.  He is Christian, but will do secular weddings and will also completely customize.  PM if you want his info, he happened to be a recommendation from our reception venue coordinator and doesn't have a website.
    *edit* We ended up being quite disappointed.  Despite our asking for a copy of what he would say before the ceremony, we never got one.  We saw some parts of it during the rehearsal and it was not secular at all . .  but at that point I was too stressed to do much so I just took out the most overt things.  Lastly, he mispronounced my husband's last name when pronouncing us married!
  • I did a wedding back on August 21, 2011 for a very nice couple. Prior coming to me, they were married under her husbands faith officiailly. I asked for a copy of thier marriage license, and did not receive it!  I had one visit with them prior their marriage ceremony with me. Everything was done via email. That is not how I do ceremonies! I am more on a one on one contact, and I like to meet/talk to my couples several times verbally. which I could not do for one reason or another. Most times one of them were to busy. This statement really bothers me that my client wrote about the service I gave them. She could not tell me personally! And in fact, I do have a website! http://revdoug.weebly.com/   If they bothered to look for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards