Flowers
Options

white flowers with ivory dress?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it anywhere.  I just bought my dress and it is ivory (I was planning to do white, but fell in love with a great-deal, off the rack dress).  I was hoping to do lots of white flowers, and now I'm having a mini freak out that this will look terrible against my dress.  Any thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: white flowers with ivory dress?

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it will look fine.  Have you put any of the white flowers up to your dress yet?  If you're really worried then I suggest adding some greenery to the flowers so it's not all white.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually used a mix of white and ivory in my wedding.  I did all white flowers with a diamond white (one shade from stark white on silk) dress.  I didn't think it looked weird at all and in fact it never occurred to me to worry about it.  What I did find surprising is that white flowers aren't always stark white either, at least in roses.  Here is a pic:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You could always have your flowers be in your wedding colors. Otherwise I like the idea of having the bouquet be a mix of white and ivory roses.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ElleestJennElleestJenn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could always do cream flowers. My dress isn't white but its not true ivory either so we are going with cream roses. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    sueflosueflo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are thousands of shades of white... Nothing will match perfectly anyway.. It 's what gives such nice depth to the deal... just go with it and enjoy!
  • Options
    mstar284mstar284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really think anyone would notice. I have an ivory dress, and I haven't met with the florist, so I think I'm doing ivory roses. You could always mix in other shades of white like a PP mentioned. I don't think it's a reason to stress--very small in the grande scheme of things.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

It will be fine to have white flowers with ivory dress, or some combination of that.

Actually, most ivory dresses look white or off white, and most 'white" flowers are ivory or have a hint of green in them.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes- I agree, you could do cream. White roses usually don't photograph white anyways- they are always a little dimmer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards