Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

For the cocktail hour

My wedding venue has a wonderful foyer in which we will set up a cocktail hour before going to the reception space. Initially I was planning on having an hourderves station and a mini desserts station in this space, but budgeting reasons are limiting us to one of the two. What would you rather be greeted by at a wedding reception? Salty modern finger food or artsy desserts (all really yummy)? Help!
Wedding Countdown TickerWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: For the cocktail hour

• jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you serving a full dinner? I wouldn't want to eat dessert food before dinner.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cocktail-hour?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:5a019211-a415-4670-a997-bb75980c6ceePost:47fde96f-1b24-4f55-a44e-230bf0ff0342">Re: For the cocktail hour</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you serving a full dinner? I wouldn't want to eat dessert food before dinner.
    Posted by jeanna85[/QUOTE]

This!

I also don't have a very big sweet tooth. I prefer savory items. I'll eat a bite or two of sweets, but if I was at all hungry, I wouldn't be pleased with JUST having sugary things to nibble on.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Salty foods!  More appetizer-like and more likely to match the cocktails served.
  • unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you're having dinner afterwards go with savory foods. i have a sweet tooth but if i know i'm having dinner after i wouldn't want to eat too many sweet things.
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cocktail-hour?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:5a019211-a415-4670-a997-bb75980c6ceePost:47fde96f-1b24-4f55-a44e-230bf0ff0342">Re: For the cocktail hour</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you serving a full dinner? I wouldn't want to eat dessert food before dinner.
    Posted by jeanna85[/QUOTE]

Tru dat, peeps.
  • edited December 2011

Thanks a bunch for all your feedback! Salty wins!!! I will have a big buffet dinner after the cocktail hour, so I get that savory is best. Thanks again!Laughing

Wedding Countdown TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards