Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

First set of favors completed!!

So, FI and I are making coasters as our favors (set of four per couple) and I'm really happy with how they turned out! I tried to make them look vintage-y - I used patterned cardstock, vintage music sheets, and color-copied pages of a 1965 Hallmark children's book. I still have to glue the cork to the bottom of the tiles.

What do you ladies think? Would you like it if you got it as a favor? 

I like them, but I'm worried people will think they're stupid or look too homemade..

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Laura & Brian | October 23, 2010 | Planning Bio!

Re: First set of favors completed!!

• Options

i think they freaking adorable!!!!! I am sooo jealous. I love them. great job.

• Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    actually i love those so much will you share instructions? I would love to make them for christmas gift next year :) (Yes i am one of those that does al my christmas crafting/shopping done at least 4 months before xmas) LOL
  • Options
    Thank you!! I'm glad you don't think they are tacky or something :)

Oh I forgot to post the link - I got inspired to do these from Style Me Pretty: http://www.stylemepretty.com/2009/03/30/diy-coasters/

They're pretty cheap to make, too - each tile was $0.14 at Lowe's, used a 40% coupon to buy the Mod Podge, etc. They do take a while, though, so good thing you're starting early!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What a great idea!  I would definitely use them if I were a guest at your wedding.  I second Alyssa's request for instructions! You mention using paper, but they look like ceramic tiles, at least from the photos.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    They look great! I would like to get them as a favor. I might copy Alyssa's idea and make these for x-mas gifts!
    Sunshine_zps3fcf529f BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Totally beautiful! I love them... A LOT. :D
  • Options
    ohmigod I love the children's book ones! I WANT THEM! So cute.
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • Options
    yours are way cuter than the stylemepretty ones ;)

I would LOVE to get these as a favour! :D
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    their tooo cute,I wish I was getting a set of those coasters myself!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ahww, thanks everyone!! Although, I think you ladies are a bit biased because you like vintage things! hehe. I just hope my guests will 'get it'. 

@ RobotCake - I posted the link to the tutorial I used! The Mod Podge adheres the cardstock/paper to the tiles really well. Once all the layers are on top of it, it almost looks like part of the tile itself. The cardstock is thicker so you can still see where the edges are, but the music sheets and thinner paper look very fused.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Those are so fricken CUTE! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Options
    I absolutely LOVE those! i might have to steal the idea!!! i think guests will love them too, we may be a bit biased, but i think people appreciate hand made gifts more than something store bought :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

SUPER CUTE! if you have any left over let me know. I'll give you my address to shiip them. lol.  Seriously fantastic idea. Love!

MyBio
    Yes I am.....Living the Dream
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards