Kentucky-Louisville

Engagement photo locations?

Hi all! I was wondering if any Louisville Knotties had a good idea about a location for engagement photos in October. I wanted to go somewhere like Gardencourt, but they are only open on the weekdays, and my fiance doesn't get out of work until 5:30 (and the natural light at that time of the year runs out quickly). Anyone know of a similar location that would be open on a Saturday or Sunday?

Thanks! :-)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement photo locations?

• ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours just recently with my photographer (Brad Luttrell at www.bradluttrell.com if you want to see some of them).  We went to the place we met (O'Sheas), waterfront, this building that I think used to be a train station, and a random playground.  They turned out really well.  If you're wanting outside, I'd suggest the Anchorage Trail.  It is fabulous in any season and has a wide variety of backgrounds (woods to water to sunflower fields). 
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your photographer should have some good ideas, but I think you can do the same locations in fall that work the rest of the year.  Maybe focus on some parks for pretty leaves, etc.  I've seen some along the waterfront that are really cool, too.  I think it's more about whether you want urban or garden or indoor, etc.  A good photographer can make the best of the season, regardless of what it is.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went over to Falls of the Ohio State Park and got the majority of our pics there.  We love them!  It was a beachy feel right here.  Then we walked a bit across the 2nd Street bridge to get some with the skyline in the background.  And we got one of us in the middle of the bridge holding hands with cars in the background (headed the other way...we were totally safe!).  And then we went across and did some at the Belvedere, one at the Slugger Bat and a few at the concave mirror outside the Science Center.  They all turned out amazing!
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we're planning on doing ours in Cherokee Park. We go there all he time and it's where he proposed.  We're going to scout some locations, but I would like to do some near the fountains, up at the top of the dog run hill, and near the creek where there are some bridges. I'm lame and don't know the names of these locations in the park, but if you drive around you can find some really pretty settings.

I've also seen awesome pics downtown on Main St. The buildings on west Main in the 500 - 900 block range are really neat and provide a good backdrop if you want an urban feel to your pictures.
  • kysnowbirdkysnowbird member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, thanks a lot! You guys have been a lot of help. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • goofygirl07goofygirl07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found this very interesting! Thanks for helping me as well. I was stuck as to where to take the pictures.
    Future Mrs. Ralph
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards