New Jersey
Options

Anyone have any opinions on these photographers?

OK I am back to square one with photographers since the one I want to use doesnt seem to return emails or voicemails. Not a good sign in my opinion when I am trying to GIVE them money. I can only imagine how they would be once they had my money. So now Im looking again. If you know anything about any of these photographers, please let me know (some dont list prices either, and I will call but its the weekend- so if you know anything about their price range that would be great too- I need to keep my photography to 4k or less).  Thanks so much!

One Perfect Moment- Wayne, NJ
Be Creative Photography- Bergen County, NJ
Milton Gil Photography
Mariano Delgado
Hallmarc Photography
Sean Patrick Photography
 Anthony Ziccardi  Studios
Scott Photography

Thanks so much! If you have any recommendations, I will happily take them. I want someone who does a mix of photojournalism along with some traditional, offers modern digital albums, and is familiar with my venue or at least the morris county area. Thanks again- happy memorial day!

Re: Anyone have any opinions on these photographers?

• Options
    edited December 2011

creative image in west orange nj has been great with answering my phone calls/questions and have been super nice and were totally negioatable with pricing and packaging...

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I didn't look into any of these people for my wedding. I've seen a few people on this board use Neil from One Perfect Moment and I always liked his photos.

We used Matt Rainey and he was awesome. I have pics in my bio link below, and a review in the Vendors section, if you want to see: http://www.mattraineyweddings.com/ and also the blog: http://mattrainey.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the only one I've ever heard of is Scott Photography and they have a great reputation
  • Options
    rachaelb16rachaelb16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about these photographers, but would love to recommend mine.  They do beautiful work and have been very easy to work with so far.  Dove Photography   www.dove-photography.com

Good luck! 
  • Options
    ccandelaccandela member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Tatiana Breslow.  She is within your budget and from the multiple weddings she showed us, it was easy to see that she is experienced, creative, and produces wonderful pictures.  She really knows her craft and I'm sure she do amazing job at capturing our wedding.
  • Options
    FinkFink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Neil from One Perfect Moment because he was very highly recommended by a friend who got married a couple of years ago (but my wedding isn't until 10/16/10, so I don't have personal experience yet) But when I went to meet with him, I couldn't have been more impressed with his all of the pictures he showed us and the albums he created. I would look at this website - it is stunning!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    flobabe28flobabe28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i happened to just walk in to a photography shop in my town because our venue suggested them...ive been driving by for years and finally put 2 & 2 together after our venue suggested them..

Michael J Distasio in little falls (main street)

I called on myway home from work and the woman who answered(sharron) was so nice!..i stopped in at the moment and they were both so helpful. He does all HD video, beautiful pictures, and even has a small camera where he takes clips of the wedding throughout the day, edits as he goes along, then plays the video at the end of the night for your guests!!..Michael says he loves loves loves what he does and the sample albums he has shows hes passionate, we're seriously considerng using him...he has great packages, the best is the photo, video, and photobooth for like $5-6K....its a lot of money, but my research showed that all photographers in the area run about the same...

michaeljdistasio.com

hope this helps!
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Neil from One Perfect Moment used to be one of the most popular Knottie photographers.  Everyone was really happy with him.

I've only heard good things about Be Creative, and I really like their style.  

Hallmarc is much more traditional than photojournalistic it seems.  That's a matter of personal preference of course, but the style is very different from some of the others.

Sean Patrick is also a very different style from the others -- lots of aggressive post-processing.  Again it is a matter of preference, but he also seems very different from the others.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are going with Lindsey Farina-Bowlin.  She has been an absolute pleasure to work with.  We really wanted a photographer that would give us the traditional photos our parents would appreciate it and also give us pictures with a different twist that we love.  I'll paste her website below she has lots of pics up on her galleries and stuff!  Check it out.  Hope this helps :o)

http://www.lindseysphotography.net/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Sean Patrick and love love LOVE him so far!
    You get A LOT for your money, and he gives a ton of options... you can basically create your own package.
    Let me know if you have other specific Q's!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try a small independent photographer like American Photographers in Montville, they are really great!
  • Options
    PeacefieldPeacefield member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they're not returning your calls before you paid them, RUN!  Their responsiveness will certainly not improve after they have your money.

I live up on Sussex County so the only one I know on your list is Anthony Ziccardi  Studios.  Nice enough people and pretty inexpensive, but we found their photography completely uninspired and not creative at all. 

I can't speak to the others on your list, but we're real excited about our photographer, Robert Wayne Photography (http://www.robertwaynephotography.com)  Based on your budget and what we paid, you should have no problem putting a very nice package together.
  • Options
    oxox14oxox14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I searched and searched for a photographer and decided on Neil from One Perfect Moment. I interviewed 18 photographers, so I definitely did my homework! We are getting married 6/24/11, so we only did our engagement session so far. Our pictures came out amazing! It actually was raining like crazy the day of our shoot, but they way he took the pictures you couldn’t even tell (besides the umbrella giving it away).  He posted them, with our permission, on his facebook page and within hours family and friends were calling and texting me saying how beautiful the pictures are.  He was so much fun to work with too. If you want you can check out our pictures on his facebook page under “Jennifer and Chris.” You will see how amazing the lighting is….Good  Luck!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards