Flowers

Fall Flowers

I read that it was best to use what was in season.. Looking around at the store I didn't see anything that caught my eye.. I'm no expert at flowers and really don't know what to look for.. So for those who are doing Fall weddings, What were your choices? Colors?  Thanks so much.. just really needing various choices to think of..

Re: Fall Flowers

• hbrionnahbrionna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sunflowers, poppies, dahlias - just to name a few!
  • edited December 2011
    My girls are in dark purple. Their flowers will be primarily red and orange with hints of green and yellow. My bouquet will have a little purple to tie everything in.

Flowers for the season include what are listed above and also:
    calla lilies, Asiatic lilies, alstromeria, statice, stock, protea, roses, hypericum berries, fuji mums, buttons, chrysanthemums, gerber daisies, kangaroo paw, solidago, freesia, carnations, orchids, hydrangea, gladiolus, and bells of ireland.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome, thanks so much
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did daisies and double white lisianthus for my bouquet.  MOH had gold strike roses and flowers that looked like little sunflowers (because despite best efforts, florist could not keep the black eyed susans alive).  I also got fall bouquets of silk black eyed susans and mums from Michaels that went up a long bannister with tulle.

Sorry I don't have better pics but if you click on them to enlarge them you might be able to see them better.

AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

In the fall you will see the usual flowers that are available year round, like roses, carnations, alstromerias, daisies, lilies among others, but also an abundance of seasonal flowers like mums/pom poms, sunflowers, etc...

Ask your florist, or a florist, and use what ever flowers are available for the season, just give them your color choices.

• cmcarthur0600cmcarthur0600 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards