Not Engaged Yet

Let's talk wedding hairstyles

So I haven't gotten my dress back yet Cry which means I haven't bought a veil - and I know I can do one without the other but I sort of wanted to try my dress on again before buying a veil.  Thus, I haven't thought much about how to style my hair for the wedding.

But I think I should just start picking out ideas.

What do you think of this?

TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Re: Let's talk wedding hairstyles

• edited December 2011
    Or this:

TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the look, but my fear is how it will look after you've been dancing for 20 minutes. It depends on your hair, I know mine would look like a hairsprayed mess!!
  • edited December 2011
    I think with the first one it will stay up pretty well since I'm hiring a makeup/hair stylist.  But I don't want it to look too poofy.  Guess I should go have a trial.

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    You should go have a trial. But you'll still need an idea first.

Do you want to wear it down? Isn't your wedding in the summer? Is that going to be too hot?

I'm wearing mine up to keep it out of the way and off my neck, but if you think you'll be able to keep cool then I love option 1. Out of the face and very polished.

If you do a trial, do it early in the day and then do some housework or something to really test the style and how it will hold up when you're not sitting pretty like a porcelain doll. Then, if it's not working out you can change your mind with plenty of time.
    Anniversary
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like them both! I think the first would probably stand up better with dancing and such but it's always best to get a trail done

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011

I have to pay almost full price for the mofgo trial apparently so I want to have a real good idea of what I want going in, kwim?

I like the idea of having at least part of my hair down since it's so long as it is and I like my hair.  I'm going to look at some updo pictures just to be sure.

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    How do you normally wear your hair? I thought about doing an updo originally but I really hate the way my hair looks when it's all up so I went with a half-up half-down style.

Aslo can you go back to the store and try a sample of your dress on and look at veils with the dress? That's what I ended up doing since I didn't have a lot of time to wait for my dress to come in before I picked out a veil.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the first one, I would be concerned that it will fall out. How well does your hair hold curl? Will it look like limp noodles by the end of the night?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I usually wear my hair just like my sig, a boring long ponytail.  Oh sure I start out the day with the best of intentions and blow it out and leave it down but by lunch it always seems to go up.  Half up when dressing up usually.

And I think the first one will hold up just because my sister had a similar style and hers did - we have pretty much the same hair.  Let me get a pic.

My Blog

• edited December 2011

My Blog

• desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I like the top one. I think it will look good on you, keep hair out of your face, and will look pretty with most veils, and with your strapless (right?) dress. I know it will be July, but having hair up doesn't usually make me any cooler since I have dark hair and it gets hot in the sun regardless. It might be different in more humid areas, though?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I'm the same way : ) I'm hoping my hair is finally getting long enough for me to chop it off and donate it though

What about these?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Ooh I like that second one Sapphire, thanks!

And my dress will have straps as soon as they add them on which is why I'm so anxious to see it!

My Blog

• MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I like the first one you posted and saw a style similar to that in a magazine,but I don't remember which one. And I like the second one that sapphire posted.
    Although, I guess it would depend on how you normally wear your hair and what your hair is like (thin, thick, straight, curly, etc.)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • edited December 2011
    It's think and straight and I have a LOT of it if that helps your answers any.

My Blog

• hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NQB- I think that your "think" is the perfect combo of thin and thick, I have no idea which it is!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    LOL I meant thick.

My Blog

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh!! i like the 2nd one sapphire posted too!! very pretty!!
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely like the first one.  As much as I like the updo's, it's just not me at all and I hate how I look with all of my hair up.  I would definitely pick one with half up - enough to keep it out of your face yet enough down - there's just something beautiful about long flowing hair!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards