Canada-Ontario
Options

Entertainment for Reception

Hi ladies,

We are having our reception at an Italian banquet hall because a family friend knows the owner and we got a good deal. The thing is my FI and I are not from this background. 

We were thinking of adding some culture in our wedding. We are having a catholic church wedding but nothing in the reception reflects that. We already bought our favours and I can't really think of any other way to incoporate it.

So my thought was to hire a dance group to to do a traditional dance. Then from my FI's side someone to play an accordion at least a couple of songs.
I'm thinking whether I need to check with the hall if it's okay to bring outside people other than the DJ. I don't know if there is any restrictions around that.

Did you have to check with your hall if you hired outside entertainers other than from the entertainment comapny affiliated with the hall?

Re: Entertainment for Reception

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's always a good idea to talk to them but I'm sure they deal with it all the time. Your contract should say whether their entertainment company is an exclusive vendor or not, but I would expect at least that specialized performers (example, specific cultural dancers) are fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_entertainment-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:0450780b-aab7-4c07-b818-6413023a3389Post:bd1b0d82-a4cb-43ee-ab36-a918898ff505">Re: Entertainment for Reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's always a good idea to talk to them but I'm sure they deal with it all the time. Your contract should say whether their entertainment company is an exclusive vendor or not, but I would expect at least that specialized performers (example, specific cultural dancers) are fine.
    Posted by ring_pop[/QUOTE]
    Yeah I looked at the contract from the DJ company affiliated with the hall and there was nothing there that says anything about it.<div>
    </div><div>The dance group that I'm thinking of hiring will need to play their own music so I was just curious if we would need some sort of music clearance for the DJ to actually play there song. I think it is better for me to find my own entertainers because it would be cheaper.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards