Canada-Ontario

DIY Wedding Bouquets

I'm considering doing my own bouquets for my wedding.

I'll be doing bouquets for myself and my 3 bridesmaids.

Has anyone else done their own bouquets or are planning on it?

Any suggestions on where to buy the flowers?

Re: DIY Wedding Bouquets

• I have written a lot about flowers in here so in the interest of being brief,
    unless you are a florist or have some kind of idea how to arrange flowers I would advise against it.

it can often cost you more to do your own and generally they wont look nearly as good as a florist can do.

not to mention that you would have to arrange them the day before the wedding and as someone who just got hitched, I can tell you the days before the wedding were exhausting enough and I was not a DIY bride- I couldn't imagine adding the stress of flower arrangement.

that being said, I know a lot about flower care and tips and would be happy to offer that to you if you decide to make them yourself.

so much for being brief haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im going to be making paper flower bouquets.. So i can do them ahead of time. I cant believe what florists charge.
  • We're using flowers from my future FIL's garden, but I'm going to hire someone to arrange them. I know if I try it and it's not perfect it will drive me crazy!! Some of the american brides have mentioned getting flowers at Costco, but I haven't looked into it personally.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Doing something in place of flowers is a good idea - the bead bouquet came out awesome!

I'll see if Costco in Canada sells fresh flowers!

Thanks for the feedback/suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards