Second Weddings

Post PIctures of your Dress!

Come on ladies show off the pictures of your dress.  I don't have mine yet.  I went untraditional with teal.

But this dress is similiar to mine

Re: Post PIctures of your Dress!

• edited December 2011
    Lori, That color is gorgeous!! Can't wait to see you in your dress....
    THANKS for asking, you will have no shortage of posts here, we love posting and seeing THE GOWN!!!!

Good pic of the front at alterations.

Good pic of the back, at alterations created a sweep train by making a bustle, I never unbustled it for the wedding the bustle was way too elaborate, and we couldn't have figured out how to rebustle it!!
    There were like 25 buttons and loops hidden everywhere. 

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is my reception dress, which I'll have altered into a tea length in front, floor length in back, the better to "dance the night away".

This is the inspiration for my ceremony dress, an Alfred Angelo

I'm not the type to have 2 dresses, and change them before the reception. However, almost simultaneously I bought the reception dress at a sample sale at a salon near me, and found silk dipioni with pearls sewn on it about every 2 inches on sale at Joann's for $5 a yard......I bought the entire bolt of 8 yards. I've sewn for over 40 years, so I am incorporating three patterns into an amalgam of the Alfred Angelo dress. It won't have the uptake or flower, but will be ruched at the waistline, and beaded on the top near the neckline.

I had hoped this would be a family heirloom, but my daughter is already 6 inches taller than I am, so I'm hoping for petite granddaughters, or that my son marries a petite woman.
  • debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the teal...it is gorgeous!!!!

Alpha, you were an absolute stunning bride, but i have said that a trillion times already !!! We all hope to look as wonderful as you did!

Sue, I love your dress'! That is so cool that you are embellishing your dress like that! What a dying art , sewing.......i took lessons as a teenager and can do beginner things, but i would never in my life undertake a gown....Bravo!!!
    You will have to post pics before and after, we definitely need to see !!!!

Here is mine....very plain compared to all of yours ! But it is the dress i felt like a bride in.....

well i guess there are techno difficulties, my pictures wont upload, ill try later 
  • edited December 2011

THe inspiration dress for mine. A good friend is making my dress for me
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • teacherbride7teacherbride7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Here's mine.  Cannot wait to wear it...
  • edited December 2011
    This is my inspiration:

It is available as a bridesmaid dress in about 30 colors or as a bridal gown in antique white.  But it is more than twice as much!  So I might be going with a lovely shade of blush pink or something...

• LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That teal dress is gorgeous, Lori.  Mine is in my siggy.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only pictures I have of me in the gown is the sample that I tried on which was in ivory.  I ordered the gown in white/white because ivory makes me look sallow.  It could be here before the end of the year or the beginning of 2011.

This is me in the sample which is ivory.
  • coralee715coralee715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a pic of me in my dress in the October 2011 brides section.  I don't have it on this computer - deleted it so my FI wouldn't see
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone!  I am a second time bride...fiance is a 1st time groom.  I got married at 20 and divorced at 35.  I met my sweetie 2 years after I got divorced.  I am currently 39 and will be 40 when we get married on 10/1/2011. 

I am trying to DIY as much as possible and watching the pennies.  We just bought a house together in September and my old house is currently up for sale.

I found my dress on craigslist - she bought it and never got married.  The dress, crinoline and veil - all brand new - tags still attached $100.  It is a davids bridal 9v8820.  It is beautiful!  Sorry for the weird pics - friend took them with cell phone and I haven't edited them.

• cincychick35cincychick35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is mine!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    did a copy and paste from the other board.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is on the left, and NotFroofy's is on the right.

• MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2dBride - you and NotFroofy looked lovely!!  The gowns were/are a nice compliment to one another.
  • edited December 2011

I am trying to skip as much as possible the "bridal look" (nothing against, I just don't think it's comfortable), so I am getting something like this one and of course not that tight!!!
  • edited December 2011
    My mom will be making my dress this time around.  I had someone sketch what I wanted so that we could start thinking about what materials, length, etc.  I still have a while yet because we have to wait for my future step-son to granduate from HS in 2 years.  He doesn't want to change schools and I don't blame him.

• kittylabrokkittylabrok member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_post-pictures-of-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:eeeb7066-c8b8-46d4-8038-7ab28b53c234Post:c314f238-5fda-491c-9083-130dcf20b106">Re: Post PIctures of your Dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]2dBride - you and NotFroofy looked lovely!!  The gowns were/are a nice compliment to one another.
    Posted by MikesAngie[/QUOTE]Thank you!  We got very lucky on that one.  At one bridal salon, we found a consultant who had never dealt with a same-sex wedding before, but caught on quickly.  She found us wedding dresses that were not identical (and indeed, came from different designers), but looked coordinated.  And she did the same for our veils.
  • sonomagalsonomagal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's the likely winner for my June wedding...

• edited December 2011
    All the dresses are beautiful ... I think as long as your dress makes you happy and makes you feel good, then it is the perfect dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love looking at everyone in their dresses!!  Everyone of you look so beautiful!!!!!
    Here's mine:(even though I just posted it 2 wks ago  LOL):

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Both our boys graduate in June, so we can't move in together till after that.  But will probably get married in May.
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I cannot load up a pic but I can post a link to it:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-Side-Draped-A-Line-Gown-with-Beaded-Inset-9WG3153

I just placed the final order yesterday - it will take less than 2 months to come in - I cannot wait!  Makes it more real now.

All your gowns are lovely ladies - love to see the pics!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

I love the teal dress!!!!  It is one of my favorite colors.  I wanted something fun, chic, elegant, and different for my wedding.  I fell in love with this dress!!!!!  I don't have a photo of me in the dress yet, as it hasn't come in yet.  It's so fun looking at everyone's dresses though.  You all look so beautiful!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted something fun too, so teal it was!  We are long distance so finally after dating we will get married next year when our boys graduate from high school and hopefully I get a job near him.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi all--here's me in mine (below, in signature).  So many beautiful dresses, you ladies have great taste!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards