Favors

CHOCOLATE COVERED MENUS

I'm getting married in May, and I wanted to do chocolate covered menus, can anyone please help with ideas as to where I can find these.

Re: CHOCOLATE COVERED MENUS

• edited December 2011
    as in the menu card covered in actual chocolate? or a chocolate colored menu card?
  • sheenar1sheenar1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the whole menu covered in chocolate.
  • Dmatthews450Dmatthews450 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope you're joking, the logistics of that are just appalling
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm very confused by what you're talking about.  How would they read the menu if it's covered in chocolate?
    edited December 2011
    I just went back and looked and saw a post that you created in like September of last year asking about this.  Someone provided you with a link in there.  It's an interesting idea, but that's a lot of chocolate that might go to waste and it doesn't sound like a very good idea during a May wedding.
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Plus, your menus would kill my husband,
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys for the NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!! I am not kidding They are actually EDDIBLE MENUS made or shall I say engraved of chocolate, Normally people who can afford it knows about it..and If I wanted to know about it being a good idea or bad idea, I would be hiring you to plan my wedding. If you can afford it, then why not have them, and I can afford them, so next time you decide to rain on someones parade exit the post. And I found them on my own, I wonder what your menus look like since your being so rude!!!!!
  • Dmatthews450Dmatthews450 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are they wrapped? And readable as wrapped? I feel this would ruin the effect, but without it would be a mess.

And the "people who can afford it knows about it" is just snotty and rude. You have no knowledge of any of our financial status unless we choose to tell you.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Well being rude is when someone is asking for advice or help to find something, and people hand out their advice thats not benificial, I didnt ask would it be a good idea, I asked for help as to where I could purchase them, and you are so right I dont know your financial situation, I was being..hmmm what do we call that..SARCASTIC!!!  Next time learn how to approach a situation instead of being so RUDE!!! You dont know how you that makes a person feel when you shoot down an idea someone has thought long and hard about.

edited December 2011
    My comment was definitely not rude.  Some people are allergic to chocolate and some people just don't like it.  Plus, in May, it's going to have to be really cold in your banquet hall or it's going to melt.  Just because you can afford it, doesn't mean you should do it. 
  • LarissaAnnLarissaAnn member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a chocolate fiend and I think it's silly.  I also think that if you're going to start screaming at people, you should at least do it with proper grammar.  It really diminishes the effect otherwise.
  • edited December 2011
    Just a couple of things:

1. You post a question on a public message board, you open yourself up to anything any Tanya, Denise, or Harriet decides to say.  Learn to ignore responses you don't like. Take the advice you do like, and throw out the rest.

2. Responding rudely and essentially stomping your feet will get you nowhere.

3. Your comment about finances came across as snotty, not sarcastic.  Just sayin.

4. Your wedding is in May in Texas.  While the idea is definitely novel, you may want to rethink it just out of practicality's sake.  Now if this were a December wedding, it may be a little different.

5. If you haven't noticed in this stage of your planning, not everyone is going to luurve your ideas.  Grow a thicker skin and get over it.

Good luck!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay for the LAST TIME, I DONT...and I mean DONT need anyone coming into MY BLOG talking trash, nobody has given any links as to where to buy them from, so I dont see why you would leave a comment

IF you LADIES could READ I said help me find them not , oppinions and I NEVER said my wedding is in Texas I'm from Texas but its not in Texas, so before you want to be a Psychic know your facts!!! So thanks SpanishMANDI for looking up my whole bio..thats kinda wierd and FREAKY!!!

Secondly I dont need to have the proper grammer, why??? My Dental School sure doesnt think so. I'm not a English Major, I'm a Bio Major studying Dentistry, so I dont need anyone telling me a GROWN WOMAN how to approach a situation

And thirdly I dont care if anyone thinks I'm rude. This is my wedding, and the last thing I need is a bunch WOMEN I dont know shooting down something I am already going to get. It doesnt matter if its a summer wedding. Its going to be at night in a .....hmmmmm what do we call something with a roof and four walls?? So it doesnt matter about the heat, I'm pretty sure theres going to be Air Conditioning.

Ladies Ladies..I can go all day, Notice how I'm not apologizing for anything I said, or explaining myself for what I said, because I meant it!!! I mean ignorance is a bliss and after all, we hate what we dont understand. So I posted a link so you Ladies could understand what chocolate menus were all about and see I guess I really didnt need your help, just google. And everyone I spoke to loves the idea, I'm so sorry for doing something silly and doing favors such as sun flower seeds, usb drives, or chopsticks, I mean my taste maybe just a little bit too much for you, I mean after all its the thought that counts right?? And I know everyone who attends my wedding will be thankful. I'm so glad you ladies arent WEDDING PLANNERS!!! You would get FIRED!!! Everyone knows how important a wedding is to a first time bride, and how you never Affend the bride. How would you ladies feel if it was you?? It wouldnt be nice. Every post I respond to, I give them to the link to what I found that they were looking for, some of you should do the same. And please dont re-comment, I will delete the post.

Thanks CHOCOLATE MENU LOVERS!!!!!!

http://www.totallychocolate.com/
  • edited December 2011

Wow. This was the snarky bride stuff I was talking about before. She asked where she could find something and she was torn apart on how she was going to kill someones husband and how her ideas were rediculous.

If you ask me I think that is rediculous. You guys should be ashamed.

So quick to say something negative.

I honestly think that the chocolate invite is pretty original. I mean, everyone here obviously hadn't heard of it. After looking at the link you provided I think they look really cool.

• edited December 2011
    Um, sweetheart, there's a link to your bio in each of your posts, and it says where you're from underneath your avatar, right underneath the date you joined and just above how many posts you have. So, no, reading the info listed in every one of your posts is observant, not freaky.  

Second, on the grammar issue.  I'm a Spanish professor. I spend 90% of my work schedule in that language.  However, good grammar, spelling, and punctuation in English has to do with communication, which is an asset in any profession.

Third, just because you're a bride does not mean that everyone needs to beware of offending you. Get over yourself.   As the grown woman you're throwing a temper tantrum to be recognized as, you should be aware of this.  

Quite frankly, my dear, your attitude royally sucks and is in severe need of an adjustment.  Grow up.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is my last time responding only because SpanishMandi, you keep me entertained. I'm not your sweetheart, you probably wish I  was, especially how you keep coming to MY post checking to see if I'm or what I'm gonna say back. Stop explaining yourself, its too funny.

And your so right I guess it's true what they say about Doctors and Dentist, they really are full of themselves, because I honestly am.  And you could use a little grammer help yourself. Sorry for not putting Punctuation marks where they belong on a blog, wow I didn't know I was on GRAMMER BLOG, I could have sworn this site said theknot.com, So not to knock down your hustle but spanish and enlish and teaching is all pretty much under the same degree.( EDUCATION) The same feild to be exact, except you're studying to teach spanish. And my communication must be perfect the way you keep coming back having conversations with me. Are you bored? School is about to start on tuesday so don't worry I will keep you entertained till then.

And Quite frankly your like a snake, when you go looking for stuff you get bitten, meaning don't pick stuff with anyone, You ladies do this all the time on these blogs except you did it with the wrong bride. And spanishmandi take your own advice and grow some skin and grow up. I mean how much better of a person does it make you that you are arguing with someone you think royally sucks? Doesnt make you any better than me see I never said I wasnt wrong for stooping to some of you ladies level, but your jumping on me for doing the exact same thing.

May you ladies have a wonderful life, thanks for those of you who helped me out, or gave me good feedback, and I'm so sorry for trying to make a helpful blog for myself turn into such a ugly blog. Never will this happen again.

• edited December 2011
    At least you admit you're full of yourself. Kudos for that.  You're a dentist-to-be.  Good luck in your studies.

As to growing a thick skin and growing up: I'm not the one getting all hot and bothered over someone who dares to disagree with me.  Just sayin'.  

For the record, my degree is in Spanish, not in education, and no, as I tell my students, it's a completely different degree.  Yes, I've had pedagogical training, but I do not hold an education degree.  I thought about teaching bilingual kids, interviewed even, but in the end, I do not want to deal with parents, so I'll stick to teaching college. Even though I'm a grad student in Spanish literature with hopes for a doctorate later, I'm not studying to teach Spanish.  I'm doing it.  It's part of how I earn my keep at my university.  And I love it.

Do I find this entertaining?  To be honest, mildly.  But I've got to have some kind of entertainment when my brain is fried after a day of teaching, studying, and writing.  And sometimes, it's just fun to debate in my own language over random crap.  But I'm weird like that.  

As for more constructive advice: Bottom line, this is your wedding.  Not everyone is going to lurve your ideas, and that's okay.  They don't have to.  You do.  It's your wedding, not theirs.  If you and your FI can live with the ideas and they are a budget reality, then go for it.  My aunt, for instance, absolutely hated that I wasn't doing the traditional wedding march, or having an arch at the front of the church, and using the color red.  My MIL thought the wedding wasn't Catholic enough.  However, my now DH and I loved the wedding, and in the end, everyone learned to hush, and everyone enjoyed themselves.  It was fabulous.  I learned this the hard way: The sooner you learn to tune out naysayers, the more fun you'll have planning your wedding.  If you want to have chocolate covered menus, or release doves, or dance with snakes down the aisle singing YMCA, then go for it.  You and your FI have to like your wedding, and as long as you don't break any laws, then my opinion is "Whatever, not my wedding."

However, sometimes there are people who have been there, done that, and not had the best results.  Or may have possible issues that you may or may not have considered yet (food allergies for instance, warnings against some things being overpriced, or the fact that some venues allow things that others don't, etc.) Listen to them. It can't hurt to at least consider it. However, the decision is ultimately up to you.  See if there's anything you can use in other opinions, and if there isn't, then go about your way.

These boards can be a great place to find advice.  However, be prepared for opinions you didn't necessarily ask for.  Ignore them if you must.  

Good luck.  Have fun planning your wedding, and good luck this upcoming semester.  

• edited December 2011
    what a stupid bitch haha
  • edited December 2011
    Let me first just say WOW and keep the other opinions to myself.  Anyway...if you are still looking for options with the chocolates (and this is only a suggestion)...check any of the local chocolate shops or culinary schools...if they don't do it they may have recommendations for you.  In addition, you may get to see their work in person (which I am a fan of)  Of course there are places you can find on-line that can do it as you mentioned as well.
  • SCnPMSCnPM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm afraid to post on here.. haha.. But I think they are cute!!!

Very original, I have never seen them done.. But I wouldn't personally spend the money on it... I'd rather put it into another aspect of our wedding/honeymoon-- BUT like you said if you have the money to spend on them, more power to you!

If people are allegic, don't touch/eat them.. And if you don't like chocolate, put them aside after you order from the menu?
  • edited December 2011
    i just want that web page for the chocolate covered menus what a great idea i have a link you can look at them...
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, this is interesting.  This is old and came about way before I was mod. 

All I have to say is if you can afford them and seem to know what they cost, why don't you know where to get them from.

This is so bizarre!
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards