Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

normal price range for NY/NJ?

would love to get thoughts on what the average price range is for wedding photog in the NY/NJ area. We're looking into some that have a key lead photographer and a secondary one. The style we're after is photo jounalistic. Thanks!

Re: normal price range for NY/NJ?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You should post this on the NY board...you can get some good rec's too...

Anyway our photographer was 3300 including another shooter and album..that was on the lower end of prices I've seen. For range I would say 3000-7000 (and I've seen more :/)

I would HIGHLY recommend my photog Kimberly Coccagnia. Check her site kimberlycoccagnia.com. She is fab...works with her fiance and has the photojournalistic style you seek. Oh and her pricing includes an engagement shoot. Oh and her turnaround time with the pics is sooo amazing!!! You wont be disappointed.
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • Options
    cre2411cre2411 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer, Brett Matthews Photography, was around $5000 and that included more than one photographer and the album. They also include a free engagement photo session, which I suggest. They were amazing and I highly recommned them!

Good luck!
  • Options
    PeacefieldPeacefield member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think there is a price you could call "average" because the quality difference between photographers can vary greatly.  We're spending $2500 including a high-end album and a single photographer.  A second photographer would've made it a little over $3k.  We really like his work and consider the price we paid to be slightly below average for the northern NJ area.  We went with Robert Wayne Photography (http://www.robertwaynephotography.com)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our photog was about $2000 and he is based in NY. His website was www.scottkretschmann.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    paid 5900 for album, photog with assistant, and digital negatives at Sarah Merians.  The photographer Michael Leonhard was great, but they have not been doing well with getting our album to us.  But they now seem to have someone new on board who is doing a better turn around.  Our wedding was 9/12/2009.  We didn't make our selections until December, but still...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards