New Jersey
Options

NWR Renting a storage unit?

FI is moving into my one bedroom condo so we need a storage unit for some furniture and other stuff that just won't fit.

If you rent a unit, is it an outdoor or indoor climate controlled? Do you keep furniture in it?

My mom is saying that someone she worked with had an outdoor unit and mice got into everything...yikes! All of our stuff is packed in tupperware boxes, I think they keep mice out and we are storing wood furniture, not couches etc. So I think we'll be ok outside. The only reason we wanted an outdoor one is b/c he has a motorcycle and we figured we could keep it there in the winter. TIA

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: NWR Renting a storage unit?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I could be wrong, but I think he may be able to store a motorcycle in an indoor one.  I know my aunt stored an old lawn mower in hers.
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are right, we can but we have to drain out the oil and gas and he wants to potentially still be able to ride it in the fall.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a storage unit that I keep a lot of my furniture in from when I moved up here (it's in DC but my FI's family has one in Rutherford).  Just make sure the place you go to has climate control ones and that you get a climate control.  My place has both, so I just made sure the until I selected was climate controlled.  Mine is inside the main building - I assume most of the climate controlled ones are but it might be worth checking. 
    Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards