Flowers

Horizon color bridesmaid dresses, using pink flowers?

My colors are dark blue, light blue and silver for my wedding next summer (June).  My bridesmaids dresses are horizon (DB) color.  I was initially going to have their bouquets be white hydangea with a few blue roses, but now I think I want to go in a different direction.  First question is, would it make their dresses (and pictures) pop if I did a few white hydrangea with lots of pink roses?  My second question is with my bridal bouquet.  I was planning to have dark blue hydrangea with white roses for my bouquet.  If I have pink in my bridesmaids' bouquets, do I need to have pink in mine as well?  Would it look weird if my wedding colors are different from the bouquet colors?  Would it look weird if my bouquet is blue and white, while the bridesmaids' are pink and white?

Re: Horizon color bridesmaid dresses, using pink flowers?

• L&J2012L&J2012 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the pink roses with Horizon Blue dresses would look beautiful. Yours doesn't need to match color-wise; your flowers are the same and that coordinates enough. I'm having my bridesmaids carry yellow calla lilies (they have Royal Blue dresses), with my MOH having some white lilies in hers as well, and then I'm going to have white calla lilies in my bouquet. No idea if I'm even going to have yellow in my bouquet. It would not look weird at all. Sometimes we go too overboard with matching and it just becomes overbearing. So, having some pink in there would not only match, it'd provide for a little deviation that's refreshing on the eyes.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you mix baby pink with royal blue, I would be thinking of babies.

A bright pink with royal blue and lots of white would be striking.
  • kmclean29kmclean29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think it would be beautiful to add a splash of pink.  I would stick to a more pale pink or accent the blue or a more coral pink (since orange and blue are on opposites of the color wheel and compliment each other).  I have seen weddings where the brides has a splash of color but is mostly white, and then the bridesmaids have all color!

• edited December 2011
    I think a bright pink would be beautiful...I think if it were too light it wouldn't stand up to the strength of Horizon (a gorgeous color BTW!)  Another option would be yellow and white or yellow, pink and white.  Talk to you FI and see what he things...my FI has been very supportive in whatever I wanted, but he had a few things he felt strongly about, and one of them was no pink and no purple.
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE your idea! I am actually havnig my girls wear horizon dresses from David's Bridal and I am going to have them carry hot pink or bright pink flowers with little hints of a lighter pink in their bouquet. So I think your idea will look beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Horizon blue for my bridesmaids and a pink (not bright, but not completely pale). It looks great! Do you know where to get horizon blue card stock/paper??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards