Wedding Woes
Options

i HAD to kick that b**** out. *UPDATE*

I just found that 1 of my BM got 2 huge tattoos, 1 on each arm, less than 5 months from my wedding!!! They are very big and very visible. I am not happy about this in any way shape or form. Dont get me wrong, I'm not against tattoos, but I also dont have any visible tats and FH has none. This is my wedding and my wedding pictures that I'm gonna have hanging on my wall for the rest of my life! I asked nicely if she would be willing/able to cover them and she avoided the question al together.She of course got upset that I was upset about her ink, saying that she was the same person, that it was her body and this, that and the other thing. I understood that it was her body, but it's my wedding and I dont want her arms being the 1st thing that you notice when looking at my wedding pics!Could you seriously not wait 5 months to get them?! SHe is also FH's BM's wife, so that adds an extra spice into the mix, even though BM says he's fine with my decsion and that he's still gonna be the BM. What I'm worried about is that she is going to hold a grudge, and of course she is going to be invite to the wedding, so that adds more worry and stress. I know that I did the right thing in my mind, but I'm still a little upset about it.
Has anyone else had to remove a person from their weding party, for any reason? I know that I'm not the first and I wont be the last, but I just need that reassurance(sp)

**UPDATE** So this was a test, all the ladies on Weddingbook saids you knotties were b!tches.  This was NOT my situation--I don't even have a wedding date yet, it was a post I copy/pasted that stirred up some heat on WB and I wanted to see how you ladies would react.  Good to know they weren't lying when they said you all were brutal b!tches.

Re: i HAD to kick that b**** out. *UPDATE*

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm going out on a limb and say that the BM isn't the b!tch in this situation.  I'm sure the former BM will be upset for a little while until she realizes you did her a big favor.
  • Options
    BC-countryBC-country member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding is not the yardstick by which everyone needs to live their life.  She wanted to get tattooed, so she did.  She doesn't have to answer to you, and therefore she isn't the b!tch in this situation. 

Goes to show how shallow you are that you care more about your precious pictures than having people who are important to you stand up with you.  Then again, if she's JUST the best man's wife and you made her a BM simply out of obligation, then I think the tattoos were just the excuse you pegged your bad behaviour on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-b-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:77e9bc78-ab23-42c0-acdc-bd1b1b5d7d63Post:757d837f-1cd8-4bc6-9c6b-eace6728bc1c">i HAD to kick that b**** out.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just found that 1 of my BM got 2 huge tattoos, 1 on each arm, less than 5 months from my wedding!!! They are very big and very visible. I am not happy about this in any way shape or form. Dont get me wrong, I'm not against tattoos, but I also dont have any visible tats and FH has none. This is my wedding and my wedding pictures that I'm gonna have hanging on my wall for the rest of my life! I asked nicely if she would be willing/able to cover them and she avoided the question al together.She of course got upset that I was upset about her ink, saying that she was the same person, that it was her body and this, that and the other thing. I understood that it was her body, but it's my wedding and I dont want her arms being the 1st thing that you notice when looking at my wedding pics!Could you seriously not wait 5 months to get them?! SHe is also FH's BM's wife, so that adds an extra spice into the mix, even though BM says he's fine with my decsion and that he's still gonna be the BM. What I'm worried about is that she is going to hold a grudge, and of course she is going to be invite to the wedding, so that adds more worry and stress. I know that I did the right thing in my mind, but I'm still a little upset about it. Has anyone else had to remove a person from their weding party, for any reason? I know that I'm not the first and I wont be the last, but I just need that reassurance(sp)
    Posted by butterflies51908@hotmail.com[/QUOTE]

So, when she agreed to be a bridesmaid she agreed not to get tattoos? Was that in the contract you had them sign?

You seriously are calling this girl a btch for getting tattoos that are visable. Seriously.

What would you have done if she were say ... disfigured in a car accident? Would you kick her out then, because she doesn't meet the standards you're looking for in a bridesmaid? Or if she lost or gained weight? Or maybe changed her hair color? Or got a tan? or had a pimple?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ReeseFoxReeseFox member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-b-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:77e9bc78-ab23-42c0-acdc-bd1b1b5d7d63Post:757d837f-1cd8-4bc6-9c6b-eace6728bc1c">i HAD to kick that b**** out.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just found that 1 of my BM got 2 huge tattoos, 1 on each arm, less than 5 months from my wedding!!! They are very big and very visible. I am not happy about this in any way shape or form. Dont get me wrong, I'm not against tattoos, but I also dont have any visible tats and FH has none. This is my wedding and my wedding pictures that I'm gonna have hanging on my wall for the rest of my life! I asked nicely if she would be willing/able to cover them and she avoided the question al together.She of course got upset that I was upset about her ink, saying that she was the same person, that it was her body and this, that and the other thing. I understood that it was her body, but it's my wedding and I dont want her arms being the 1st thing that you notice when looking at my wedding pics!Could you seriously not wait 5 months to get them?! SHe is also FH's BM's wife, so that adds an extra spice into the mix, even though BM says he's fine with my decsion and that he's still gonna be the BM. What I'm worried about is that she is going to hold a grudge, and of course she is going to be invite to the wedding, so that adds more worry and stress. I know that I did the right thing in my mind, but I'm still a little upset about it. Has anyone else had to remove a person from their weding party, for any reason? I know that I'm not the first and I wont be the last, but I just need that reassurance(sp)

The only bitch I see in this story is you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-b-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:77e9bc78-ab23-42c0-acdc-bd1b1b5d7d63Post:8dcdf0fe-0f29-458e-b45c-153e18eb0ba2">Re: i HAD to kick that b**** out.</a>:
    [QUOTE] What would you have done if she were say ... disfigured in a car accident? Would you kick her out then, because she doesn't meet the standards you're looking for in a bridesmaid? Or if she lost or gained weight? Or maybe changed her hair color? Or got a tan? or had a pimple?
    Posted by Butter Cookie[/QUOTE]

Most of the scenarios you listed are not things that occur by choice.  Tattoos are a choice.
  • Options
    duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really?  You have got to be joking.

She deserves a better friend than you.
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-b-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:77e9bc78-ab23-42c0-acdc-bd1b1b5d7d63Post:127cb145-d351-4f09-8297-f234547c8fda">Re: i HAD to kick that b**** out.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: i HAD to kick that b**** out. : [QUOTE. What would you have done if she were say ... disfigured in a car accident? Would you kick her out then, because she doesn't meet the standards you're looking for in a bridesmaid? Or if she lost or gained weight? Or maybe changed her hair color? Or got a tan? or had a pimple? Posted by Butter Cookie[/QUOTE] Most of the scenarios you listed are not things that occur by choice.  Tattoos are a choice.

So, weight gain or loss, hair changes, and tans are not by choice. Okay.

She didn't agree to be stagnant until after your wedding. If you're so shallow that her tattoos are enough for you to both call her a btch AND kick her out of your wedding you're an ignorant person.

And your poor fiance is going to have to explain to his best man for the rest of his life why he married such a shallow person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-b-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:77e9bc78-ab23-42c0-acdc-bd1b1b5d7d63Post:757d837f-1cd8-4bc6-9c6b-eace6728bc1c">i HAD to kick that b**** out. *UPDATE*</a>:
    [QUOTE] **UPDATE** So this was a test, all the ladies on Weddingbook saids you knotties were b!tches.  This was NOT my situation--I don't even have a wedding date yet, it was a post I copy/pasted that stirred up some heat on WB and I wanted to see how you ladies would react.  Good to know they weren't lying when they said you all were brutal b!tches.

So, you heard women on another forum were 'bitches', and used a fake, inflammatory post to 'stir up heat' to prove your point? Mkay. And people say we have too much time on our hands.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kmckenzie89kmckenzie89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't say people on this forum are "b!tches" at all.  In fact, I find them to be extremely helpful, kind, and brutally honest when they need to be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-b-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:77e9bc78-ab23-42c0-acdc-bd1b1b5d7d63Post:757d837f-1cd8-4bc6-9c6b-eace6728bc1c">i HAD to kick that b**** out. *UPDATE*</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just found that 1 of my BM got 2 huge tattoos, 1 on each arm, less than 5 months from my wedding!!! They are very big and very visible. I am not happy about this in any way shape or form. Dont get me wrong, I'm not against tattoos, but I also dont have any visible tats and FH has none. This is my wedding and my wedding pictures that I'm gonna have hanging on my wall for the rest of my life! I asked nicely if she would be willing/able to cover them and she avoided the question al together.She of course got upset that I was upset about her ink, saying that she was the same person, that it was her body and this, that and the other thing. I understood that it was her body, but it's my wedding and I dont want her arms being the 1st thing that you notice when looking at my wedding pics!Could you seriously not wait 5 months to get them?! SHe is also FH's BM's wife, so that adds an extra spice into the mix, even though BM says he's fine with my decsion and that he's still gonna be the BM. What I'm worried about is that she is going to hold a grudge, and of course she is going to be invite to the wedding, so that adds more worry and stress. I know that I did the right thing in my mind, but I'm still a little upset about it. Has anyone else had to remove a person from their weding party, for any reason? I know that I'm not the first and I wont be the last, but I just need that reassurance(sp) **UPDATE** So this was a test, all the ladies on Weddingbook saids you knotties were b!tches.  This was NOT my situation--I don't even have a wedding date yet, it was a post I copy/pasted that stirred up some heat on WB and I wanted to see how you ladies would react.  Good to know they weren't lying when they said you all were brutal b!tches.

The update really takes the cake. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So how did the ladies on weddingbook react to this?
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-b-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:77e9bc78-ab23-42c0-acdc-bd1b1b5d7d63Post:625b5ca7-7ebd-4958-9704-7bbc99ede624">Re: i HAD to kick that b**** out. *UPDATE*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to i HAD to kick that b**** out. *UPDATE* : So, you heard women on another forum were 'bitches', and used a fake, inflammatory post to 'stir up heat' to prove your point? Mkay. And people say we have too much time on our hands.
    Posted by HookaPants[/QUOTE]

But don't you know that valuing friendships over the appearance of wedding pictures = BI!TCHES

As does thinking that maybe, just maybe, the role of Bridesmaid is more about the relationship of the BM w/ the bride than it is about the pretty dress and what great-aunt bertha thinks.

Because, my god, friendships are fleeting but wedding photos are FOREVER!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We may be bitches but you're a hypocrite.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love how, of the 2 opinions on 2 different boards, this one is the "wrong" one where we're "bitches."  I would love to know what the other board said, because if they said it was OK to kick someone out because they got tattoos five months before the wedding, I still say they are the bitches.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yea it's pretty clear who the bitch in this thread really is
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Seriously, y'all, GOLD MINE. I don't know who cashed in their awesome karma, but keep it coming. 

I'm pretty sure I could come up with a thousand words on why WE'RE the bitches, but I won't bore anyone. I'll just be content knowing that I'm secure up here on this very, very high horse of mine. View's nice, too. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Well, I came in late to this and missed the thread before the update. All I can say is that OP, you're pathetic. I mean, seriously, posting a fake thread you know will cause the exact comments you want just so you can call everyone here a bitch? You have way too much time on your hands and think far too highly of yourself.

Something tells me you're going to be the kind of bride from the "fake" post.

• Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kick-b-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:77e9bc78-ab23-42c0-acdc-bd1b1b5d7d63Post:827f96bf-f914-4097-9997-73f48a41f1f6">Re: i HAD to kick that b**** out. *UPDATE*</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't say people on this forum are "b!tches" at all.  In fact, I find them to be <strong>extremely helpful, kind, and <em><u>brutally honest</u></em> </strong>when they need to be.
    Posted by kmckenzie89[/QUOTE]
     finally, someone gets it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats OP you successfully proved you are a self-centered bitch and people are merely props and servants for your pretty princess day.
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i too am curious about what the other site members commented about. because if they said it was ok, i dont want to join the other site.
    10-10 siggy favorite summer picture Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hiscb.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Funny thing about them saying the girls here are b!tches, wedding book is actually part of the knot...it's an app on facebook. Hope this link works

http://apps.facebook.com/wedsnap_wedding/forums/topic/61486/had-to-kick-her-out/?_fb_fromhash=db32f2afbc4151cda5a5cf4ae3b94464

• Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    How did they get to 11 pages if there was "no drama" like the end posts claim? 

Eleven. Pages. Christ. And yes, people were all, "She should step down if she won't cover up!" Those who disagreed couched it in wimpy, apologetic language. 

I don't apologize when I'm actually wrong. Why the fck would I do so when I know I'm right? Everyone over there needs to grow either a brain or some balls. Some of them both. 
  • Options
    crushgirliecrushgirlie member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I'm new so I'm just reading random posts, but really! You did this to prove what you have nothing better to do with your time? Read a book! This just made you look stupid and petty. It's a message board not the flipping UN get a grip!
  • Options
    leaynleayn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kind of loser even does something like this?  Get a life!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    nda_roxybabenda_roxybabe member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The best thing of that lovely site is their lack of security. Simply click someones name and it takes you to their full name and sometimes their FB profile. Lovely.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My favorite quote:  "You say I am a bitch like it's a bad thing".  ;)

EDIT: Here is another one that I love:  "Some call it bitching, I call it motivational speaking".
    1st pic of us together. Apparently I thought something was funny.
    ~Holly and Jeff~
    image 232 Made the cut! image 96 Ready to party!
    image 44 Have better things to do!
    image 92 Are going to cause me to have a stroke!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i only got through three pages of that crap but from what i read they all agreed that she was being a bitch for kicking her out. so....yea i don't get it. 

i sucked it up and read the whole thing. i liked at the end the moderator said that people can have opinions but they are not allowed to criticize others. really? how does that work. if you're doing something rude and stupid i would hope that someone would criticize the hell out of you. 
  • Options
    LindsMullinixLindsMullinix member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol I love that while joining the knot to post her "fake post" she used her email address as her username...
    -Linds
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    L-BrideL-Bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, that was weird. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was about to attack you. This post was just stupid. Seriously. I believe this situation really occurred. I just don't believe you took all this time out to conjur up a fake post. I think it would be absurd to ask someone to hold off getting a tattoo for YOUR wedding. You are just plain idiotic to think someone would. To find out that you supposedly "faked" the post just points to the fact that the only person that is a "biotch" is YOU. Go back to the other board if they are "more friendly" than the knot. Those girls are crazy if they condoned your behavior in this situation. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards