Nebraska

Need wedding help

I am not from here and I have no idea where to start. I never really dreamt about my "dream wedding" until I got engaged. My wedding is not until September 2014 and I am doing almost everything myself and I am already stressed I am looking for a few venues that are not to overly expensive especially when it comes to food, has a bar, and can hold up to 200 people. Any ideas would be greatly welcomed. ThanksSmile

Re: Need wedding help

• Will you be doing your wedding in Lincoln, Omaha, or somewhere else?

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska_need-wedding-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:654Discussion:793544a4-4825-4bf8-9bf1-064bbbb694f1Post:b6125f0b-360d-453d-b0c9-6c03d4e79783">Re: Need wedding help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Will you be doing your wedding in Lincoln, Omaha, or somewhere else?
    Posted by arice3372[/QUOTE]
    Just in the omaha area so I am okay with Lincoln and COuncil Bluffs
  • Your wedding is still pretty far in the future to be looking at venues, but it's not a bad idea to have some in mind to start looking at later.

Do you have a theme in mind?  Traditional or nontraditional?
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy: Invites imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • its a little bit of both we are not doing a church wedding im looking so far because everything im doing myself from center pieces to lighting and I want to keep a couple places in mind to makesure they all me to do this all myself and not require me to use their venues with extra fees its not to big of a weddi
  • Our ceremony and reception will be at the Bellevue Berry Farm.  We are very nontraditional, and really fell in love with the space.  Pricing is VERY reasonable, and our guest list is right at 200. They have an outdoor space where our ceremony will take place.

A cousin of mine was married at the Fountains ballroom in Glenwood, which was also beautiful and - I'm told - reasonable.  They also have an outdoor space for the ceremony.

Both of these places also have indoor ceremony options in case the weather doesn't cooperate.

The Knot also has a bunch of great local venue recommendations, in the Wedding Ideas section.
  • Almost forgot - another cousin of mine will be married at Mahoney State Park next week, and that was incredibly affordable, but I'm not sure how many people will fit in their lodgings.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska_need-wedding-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:654Discussion:793544a4-4825-4bf8-9bf1-064bbbb694f1Post:271dc945-e2e1-4751-aa7b-77c074e385cf">Re: Need wedding help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our ceremony and reception will be at the Bellevue Berry Farm.  We are very nontraditional, and really fell in love with the space.  Pricing is VERY reasonable, and our guest list is right at 200. They have an outdoor space where our ceremony will take place. A cousin of mine was married at the Fountains ballroom in Glenwood, which was also beautiful and - I'm told - reasonable.  They also have an outdoor space for the ceremony. Both of these places also have indoor ceremony options in case the weather doesn't cooperate. The Knot also has a bunch of great local venue recommendations, in the Wedding Ideas section.
    Posted by bcbrown63[/QUOTE]

Do you mind sharing the price range for Bellevue Berry Farm, and if you know it, the place in Glenwood? thanks so much!
    Bride To Be AND Wedding Photographer I live and breathe weddings! Firefly Photography by Cassie Tate www.wix.com/fireflypix/cassie-tate
  • I love the Millard Plaza Ballroom!! Ask for Dee; she's awesome.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards