March 2012 Weddings

wedding drama: part 3

So... to Recap: went to store w/ BM who refused to try on dresses, caused a big fight between FI and his brother....

Today, I get a different envelope in the mail. FI opens it, and its the RSVP card from her and his brother with a fat X on the reject.

Really?? You don't like me that much, that you are making your husband and your children miss their brother/uncle's wedding day???

I call her a sociopath.

I feel like SCREAMING. I feel like calling her up! FI tells me not to. I just don't know what to do. I really don't.

137image Invited to see us "Lucky in Love", at our wedding 3/9/12
90 image Are ready to party
47 image Are missing out
0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/15 image

Re: wedding drama: part 3

• Can he not go anyway, without her? That's crazy and I'm sorry you're dealing with this, but I find it shocking that man won't go to his own brother's wedding because his wife won't let him. What about your FI and brother's parents? Are they going to let that fly?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's horrible!  I feel really sorry for your FI and his brother that this b*tch is getting in the middle of their relationship like that.  Although, honestly, if she's this big of a psycho she's probably not someone you want there anyway!   Too bad you can't just send out another invite with just the brother and the kids' names on it.  

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• Wow that's crazy... I would have a hard time not calling her. I can't believe someone would actually do that....
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Its probably really tempting to call her but it would probably mean more if your FI called his brother directly. Leave the b*tch out of it and talk to the brothers logical side about missing this once in a life time event.
  • Fi says that no matter what he says to his brother, that his brother has never stood up to his wife. Its basically what she says, goes. Its a terrible situation. She called me shallow recently... but she's stooped really low. Its very sad.

47 image Are missing out

RSVP Date 2/15 image
  • I'm so sorry to hear about this :( My mom and her sister have not talked ever since my 4th birthday party and it pains me that my aunt always left us out of family gatherings.  FAMILY is forever and if I were you (or your FI), I would fight like hell to get through to your FBIL how important it is that at least he and his kids need to be at your wedding.  Even if they are not part of the WP (which you may want to accept as a "compromise" at this point), they will never get the chance to be there for you guys again.  Sounds like they are being extremely irrational and not considering the effect their decision could have on your relationship forever.  I really hope it works out for you hun!!
    Anniversary
  • Thank you all! This board is so thoughtful, and you girls really give great advice. I am sorry to tell my sad drama.... its nice I could vent and people really help!! I don't know what to do. I think I may write them a letter myself. Its just crazy that all this needs to happen before such an important life event. Its something that is unforgivable.

47 image Are missing out

RSVP Date 2/15 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards