Oregon
Options

To Salem area Brides

I need some help finding a venue in the Salem area that is romantic, intimate and classy. We are only having about 65 guest and want to try and keep the venue under $1,000 (hopefully well under but I don't think we will get that lucky). I feel like I have exhausted all the obvious options (mission mill, reed opera house, the grand ballroom, Keizer heritage center, the renaissance inn, chemeketa eola) and need a jump start. Please let me know if you have any ideas! Thanks!

Re: To Salem area Brides

• Options
    KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    why can't you use mission mill?
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I wanted the spinning room at first, we were planning a much bigger wedding and I just realized it was unrealistic to have such a big wedding---when my FI and I as well as out families and cant do it without going to debt. The Dye House is nice but theres not much of a price difference when you add in deposits and catering ect....
  • Options
    KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_salem-area-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:d4354530-69fb-4abc-a892-ad2a41c475a2Post:2b54e889-f989-4e7e-8ee8-ac64f6e0620d">Re: To Salem area Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I wanted the spinning room at first, we were planning a much bigger wedding and I just realized it was unrealistic to have such a big wedding---when my FI and I as well as out families and cant do it without going to debt. The Dye House is nice but theres not much of a price difference when you add in deposits and catering ect....
    Posted by rainy7411[/QUOTE]
    You can do hourly. You can also use the church and do the reception on the lawn
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into area Grange/Eagles/Lions/etc halls?

Lions hall on Cherry Ave in Keizer.
    Salem Heights Community Center Madrona & Liberty
    Nights of Columbus Hall on Shipping & Cottage
    The Gathering Place in Keizer a good distance out on River Rd.
    Pringle Hall Community Center West of the hospital grounds
    Keizer Grange Hall on Chemawa (not City Hall or Heritage Center)

Two near by McMenamins facilities have smaller rooms for rent but the rental price would include your food, tables, chairs, and basic linens. Hotel Oregon in McMinnville and the new Old Church & Pub in Wilsonville.

You could also have your wedding at a city park for a small-ish permit fee. Bad thing is that you would have to rent everything.

I hope this helps you out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    P.S. Go under-represented Salem brides! Woot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gingery, SO helpful! Thanks a bunch! I havent looked into most of these places and im excited to get to it! Thanks again for taking the time to put the list togther!

Salem Brides all the way! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah. You might also want to check out the S. Salem Senior Center. They were at one of the past Salem bridal shows and I think they were fairly priced. 

If you are in the market for a good deal on a dress you might think about attending the wedding show at the fairgrounds this weekend.  The fall show is a lot smaller in the amount of vendors so the dress shops usually bring in their sample dresses for sale. If anything, you get a year subscription to Brides magazine with the cost of admission. The show probably wouldn't be a good place to find a venue since they are all nearly over your budget. But might be worth it to get a heads up on catering, photography and a DJ. The January show is much larger and might be more worthwhile.

Are your colors really green, purple and cream/ivory??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You know my sister and I were already planning to go this weekend....just to get a feel for it. I have actually checked out DJs and photographers on their website. I noticed there went many vendors and also plan on going in January. Thankfully, I already have my dress so on top on venue and such I dont have to be stressed out about it! My colors are purple (maybe two shades), cream, with accents of gold and silver, no green.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oohh okay. I spied and looked at your profile and the gold looked green. It was just funny to me since mine are eggplant, shades of green and cream. I thought it would have been a little Twilight Zone if we had the same.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Agreed! Haha

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards