• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Invites and Paper

Is 10 months out too early to send save the dates?

Is 10 months out too early to send out my save the dates? We will have a lot of people coming from all the over country and I keep getting asked when I am going to send them out. I was originally going to send them out in November since thats 9 months out but am now toying with the idea of sending them out in October since I just got them in the mail the other day. Everything I have read said if its a destination wedding or most of your guest list is from different states or countries anywhere from 9 to 12 months out was fine but wanted to get second opinion.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is 10 months out too early to send save the dates?

• I sent mine out at 10 months. About 40% of our guests are coming from out of state.  The only thing I will suggest is making sure you have blocked off rooms at a hotel.  As soon as I sent them a lot of folks started asking about hotels. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was going to send mine out at 10 months but I waited til 8 months. Just in case it was a little early for non-planners.
  • I already got the hotel block set up back in August so I am good to go on that. The save dates have the block info and refer guests to myknot.com website for all the wedding info as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just ordered mine, my wedding is July 3, 2011. I wasn't going to do Save the Dates originally, but I thought since it was a holiday weekend then it was needed.

A friend of mine just got married, and they sent out their save the dates a year and half before the wedding, so it is never too soon to send them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards