June 2013 Weddings
Options

C & V Thursday

Confessions and vents...on your mark, get set, go!!

Re: C & V Thursday

• Options
    Confession/Vent: The new girl started Monday. She's a friend of mine from undergrad. When the job opened I tried to get our friend Mark to apply but he was too late. I like my college friend, but she's kind of annoying (read: sooooo talkative) and she keeps complaining about having to move out of her parents house to take the job. I think she just wants the year of experience then plans to bounce out. It makes me kind of irritated because Mark would have loved this job and stuck with it as a career. I also think that even though her degrees are more in line with the job, he's actually more skilled for it. We have an 11 hour day today and I'm not looking forward to it. I might go a bit batty by the end of the day. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Confession: I HATE group projects for classes. Here's why...

Vent: I'm in a group for a class, and we've been trying to work on our project through e-mail and facebook. One girl is driving me crazy because she has no sense of grammar or decent spelling. She shortens everything, NEVER proofreads anything, uses words that don't exist, capitalizes random words, doesn't use correct punctuation, pretty much everything she could annoy me with in typing. It takes me longer to decipher what she was attempting to say than it would take her to just type things out. I don't even use "text speak" in texting so her apparent inability to communicate in anything even resembling English drives me up the wall.

If those of you who are editors saw some of the things she posts...
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Confession: I'm thinking about quitting my job (see vent #2 below).  

Vent: Ok so I have two...sorry!

#1: I took two days off work last week and went down to Auntie's lake house with FI to relax.  Part way through the long weekend my mother called me to tell me she drove by my house and didn't see the porch light on which made it so dark she went to the house and went inside and turned on the porch light and BTW did I know my bedroom light was on?  OMG REALLY?!  I'm 35 years old and my mother still stalks me and it's beginning to creep me out!  It really creeps my FI out a LOT.

#2: I love the work I do, I love the travel I get to do and I love the members of the association I work for.  I hate one of my co-workers (who complains about everything all the time) and I hate my boss (who is never wrong, extremely indecisive and changes her mind constantly then says she never changed her mind I just did things wrong...all the time).  Now I admit that I don't always do things right but I seriously doubt everything I do is actually incorrect!  I did a similar job for 6 years without being told I was always do everything wrong.  I'm constantly stressed (at my last OB appointment while going over my medication changes the nurse actually asked me if blood pressure medication had been added to my list of meds...WHAT?!)  Complaining co-worker gets to go to exotic destinations all the time and can't ever find anything good to say about any of them.  Then she gives me pieces of her work, doesn't train me, doesn't explain anything and gets after me when it's done wrong.  Same with the boss.  Dumps work, doesn't train and complains when it's wrong.  If you don't train me how am I supposed to know how it's done at this job?  I knew how it was done at my last job but that's not how  you want to do it here.  Grrrrrr...sorry, I'm rambling.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    C: My boss has been out on travel yesterday and today so I have been on here and doing wedding stuff most of the time.

V: I'm getting kinda annoyed with FI. We used to have so much fun and he used to plan al sorts of things to do on the weekends. Now he leaves it all up to me. The worst is because of his laid back personality he never shows real excitement so I never know if he really is looking forward to something or just doing because I want to. I'm actually stressing out about our actual wedding.... Is he going to show excitment when I walk down the aisle or when we're introduced for the first time. He used to be the life of the party now he's almost lifeless.

EDIT: OK that last line might have been a little harsh, lol
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:59fc49da-c54e-40c6-8d9a-e24aeecf453bPost:46c5a765-82e7-4884-a5b9-4bca2358ead0">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I HATE group projects for classes. Here's why... Vent: I'm in a group for a class, and we've been trying to work on our project through e-mail and facebook. One girl is driving me crazy because she has no sense of grammar or decent spelling. She shortens everything, NEVER proofreads anything, uses words that don't exist, capitalizes random words, doesn't use correct punctuation, pretty much everything she could annoy me with in typing. It takes me longer to decipher what she was attempting to say than it would take her to just type things out. I don't even use "text speak" in texting so her apparent inability to communicate in anything even resembling English drives me up the wall. If those of you who are editors saw some of the things she posts...
    Posted by blferguson1s[/QUOTE]

This drives me nuts, too! Like you, I don't even use text speak when I text! I have friends that do and I get how much easier it is for texting, but I personally think it should be used ONLY for texting. It's too annoying for anything very long!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Confession: I'm getting a little nervous about whether or not we are going to be able to have our ceremony outside at the park. I can't reserve the park until January, and the invitations will have to get ordered in January. I don't know how long invitations take to print, because they need to be sent out in Febuary. Our RSVP date is March 1st, because we want an 8 week RSVP date. I'm starting to get very nervous about it, and I'm wondering if I should just get married at my reception venue & take my pictures at the park before (we're doing a first look) and after.

Vent: I'm starting to get frustrated, because I really want to find our invitations, but everytime I see one that might be it. I take time to look at it, and think about it and there just isn't enough color and enough pop. I want our invitation to be BAM. I've seen so many invitations that just are very white and not a whole lot of color ad etc. I don't want our invitation to bore our guests. I want them to be like "WOW." So that's getting pretty frustrating. I'm not a person that can buy online for an invitations ususally either. I really want to go down to our print shop and just take a whole bunch of books home and look through them all until I find something. FI is being annoying with that though, because he doesn't want to right now. So grrrr. 
  • Options
    C: I've been making way too many baked goods lately. The cooler weather does it to me. Thing is, there's not a single person in my family that needs the extra calories, so I need to lay off!! I'll consider doing that after I finish making cinnamon rolls ... lol

V: I'm sick of these daily headaches! I'm a headachey (is that a word?) person anyway, but I get weather migraines in the fall and spring because of the fast, drastic barometric pressure changes that happen up here in the mountains. I swear, if I didn't have so much family in this area, I'd move where I didn't have headaches so much.  
  • Options

Fuzzies: write down EVERYTHING. I worked for a woman who sounds a lot like your boss, and that's what everyone in the office did to CYA.

Beth: Is there a specific reason you guys need your RSVPs back by March 1st?

• Options
    Confession: I wish we were eloping (my fiance feels the same way). Our parents offered to cover most of the wedding expenses, and I know his mom and my dad would never get over if we eloped (they've both been pretty clear on this point). It's not that I'm not enjoying planning, or that I think we're making a mistake by having a big wedding, I just feel like this whole shebang is for their sake. I just want to marry my man.

Vent: I have been going in circles with the state DMV for a month now trying to get my car registration updated. First, they sent my new registration sticker and card to my old address (even though they had the correct address listed on the renewal paperwork that I sent in). Then, they sent me my updated registration card, but no sticker. Now, they're saying I need to complete a form, have it notarized, send it back, then wait for them to re-issue the sticker. In the meantime, I've been driving around with an expired registration sticker for a month. And to top it off, if you park within city limits with an expired sticker, it's grounds for a $92.50 fine, so every day when I leave work, I'm all nervous as to whether or not I'm going to have a ticket on my car because the DMV can't get their act together. Oh, and the woman I spoke to last week insisted that there was no way I was sent a registration card and no sticker, because "we just don't do that." I hate hate hate hate dealing with the DMV.
  • Options
    C: I've been spending a significant amount of time at work on wedding stuff.

V: I am so sick of driving back and forth to FI's house and mine. I feel like I'm living in my car and never know where my stuff is. Can't I just move in at this point?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    C1: Um, I really like my sig challenge for September and haven't made any effort to change it. ;)

C2: I'm a very well-educated college graduate who works in a white-collar job that I love (most times). I am more knowledgeable than most individuals I know when it comes to topics of law, politics, and policy. And... I absolutely want to be the wife who remains home and homeschools the children, raises a homestead, gardens, cares for farm animals/livestock. "Barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen" is essentially my dream life.

V: Every summer/fall, I heavily use prescription allergy medication. I gain weight. I lose the weight in very late fall/early winter. I went from 126 in September 2011 to 108 in December 2011. I'm up again - and, therefore, no longer my standard size - and I'm frustrated because my hands are essentially tied when it comes to finding a dress because I know that I'll be about 20 lbs lighter when I actually get married.
    June 2013 Signature Challenge
    Favorite Sports Team
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:59fc49da-c54e-40c6-8d9a-e24aeecf453bPost:cd2a58aa-9228-4484-876d-052c315c3a9b">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I wish we were eloping (my fiance feels the same way). Our parents offered to cover most of the wedding expenses, and I know his mom and my dad would never get over if we eloped (they've both been pretty clear on this point). It's not that I'm not enjoying planning, or that I think we're making a mistake by having a big wedding, I just feel like this whole shebang is for their sake. I just want to marry my man. Vent: I have been going in circles with the state DMV for a month now trying to get my car registration updated. First, they sent my new registration sticker and card to my old address (even though they had the correct address listed on the renewal paperwork that I sent in). Then, they sent me my updated registration card, but no sticker. Now, they're saying I need to complete a form, have it notarized, send it back, then wait for them to re-issue the sticker. In the meantime, I've been driving around with an expired registration sticker for a month. And to top it off, if you park within city limits with an expired sticker, it's grounds for a $92.50 fine, so every day when I leave work, I'm all nervous as to whether or not I'm going to have a ticket on my car because the DMV can't get their act together. Oh, and the woman I spoke to last week insisted that there was no way I was sent a registration card and no sticker, because "we just don't do that." I hate hate hate hate dealing with the DMV.
    Posted by emilyb213[/QUOTE]

<div>WOOOOOWWWWW, that really sucks!  I hope they get their act together very soon!</div>

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:59fc49da-c54e-40c6-8d9a-e24aeecf453bPost:6314ecf1-173d-49de-b9ec-cdcdb2d6d227">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]C: I've been spending a significant amount of time at work on wedding stuff. V: I am so sick of driving back and forth to FI's house and mine. I feel like I'm living in my car and never know where my stuff is. Can't I just move in at this point?
    Posted by Melokiel[/QUOTE]

<div>I hear you on this one...I totally hate the split household thing!  </div>

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:59fc49da-c54e-40c6-8d9a-e24aeecf453bPost:9bfc1a9d-8f03-4fed-aa9a-8494cf2c9972">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]C1: Um, I really like my sig challenge for September and haven't made any effort to change it. ;) C2: I'm a very well-educated college graduate who works in a white-collar job that I love (most times). I am more knowledgeable than most individuals I know when it comes to topics of law, politics, and policy. And... I absolutely want to be the wife who remains home and homeschools the children, raises a homestead, gardens, cares for farm animals/livestock. "Barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen" is essentially my dream life. V: Every summer/fall, I heavily use prescription allergy medication. I gain weight. I lose the weight in very late fall/early winter. I went from 126 in September 2011 to 108 in December 2011. I'm up again - and, therefore, no longer my standard size - and I'm frustrated because my hands are essentially tied when it comes to finding a dress because I know that I'll be about 20 lbs lighter when I actually get married.
    Posted by montanabounding[/QUOTE]

Montanabounding, I'm a homeschooling sahm and I love it! I have about 1/3 of a college degree (LOL) and a well-used cosmetology license yet this is still my career of choice.
  • Options
    Confession: FI and I are both getting totally burnt out on wedding planning.

Vent: get ready its kind of a big one for me. So tonight my girls and I are supposed to go in and order the BM dresses. I was so happy everyone could make it and the store is having a massive sale from 3pm to 12am, my BM dresses will be $120 instead of $150, a lot of my girls are on a budget and definitely are excited to save that money. Well 2 of my BMs backed out last night of coming tonight, they both had things that suddenly came up and I just think the excuses are pretty bad. One said she has to work, which I know she does, but she doesnt work until 11pm as she works midnights, we are planning on going at 7pm and the store is one block from her house. She could be in and out in 10 minutes. My FI is friends with her husband and he flat out told my FI last night that she has absolutely nothing going on until she has to go to work, so I am pretty upset about that. The second person to cancel is FSIL apparently she has to go to some visitation for some far removed family friend of her BFs whom she has never met. She just sounded so snarky on the phone and she was all "I am SO torn I dont know what to do!" Ugh. I am just so fed up with both of them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    C:  I am up in my office and FI is making dinner and keeps calling up to me about what ingredients he needs and I keep telling him to leave me alone I am busy working which is only half true because as you can see I am typing this..haha.  He is making taco salads.  yum yum!  But I have no desire to help him.

V:  I have a client that owes me A LOT of money, some of it is for orders I have not placed yet- which I wont place since I haven't received the deposit, but a good chunk of it is for stuff I have already paid out on and a lot of it is my profit and service fees.  It's not to the point that it is going to kill me cash flow wise and it is not that I don't think she will pay me- she makes $3 mil a year.  And the woman loves me and keeps giving me more work to do.  I think very wealthy people don't have a clue that "real" people need to get paid when they need to get paid.  I know part of it is my own fault because I should bill upfront more but in reality I get so busy I just start doing things for clients and worry about getting paid later.  And now it is biting me in the ass!
    June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_c-v-thursday-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:59fc49da-c54e-40c6-8d9a-e24aeecf453bPost:44d47ea3-1e12-458d-a041-1133d335c831">Re: C & V Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fuzzies: write down EVERYTHING. I worked for a woman who sounds a lot like your boss, and that's what everyone in the office did to CYA. Beth: Is there a specific reason you guys need your RSVPs back by March 1st?
    Posted by emilyb213[/QUOTE]

<div>Nevermind I meant April not March. The reason we're doing April instead of May is so that I'm not swamped with calling people during when my finals at school are. I can't believe I skipped a whole month lol. We may have found our invitations though.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards