Michigan-Detroit
Options

Torn between two dresses

I have narrowed my search down to two dresses and I just can't decide.  I love them both.  Anyone else have this problem.  No dress that I have tried on I got this is the one feeling but I keep coming back to these two and I really don’t know how to choose.  I’m a little more pulled towards one of them but I feel it might be too plain.  I asked my BM/MOH and the vote is two to one but my MOH has only seen pictures so I want her to come and see them in person.  I’ve always been a people pleaser so thats probably why I can’t decide.  I want everyone to like it and when someone doesn’t it makes me second guess my self.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Torn between two dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    do you have pictures?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Get the one you are leaning towards. Who cares if people think it's too plain, you are the wearing it. If you go with the other dress you might regret not getting the dress you really wanted.
  • Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went with the price factor - I loved two dresses and they were complete opposites. The style was similar, one was very plain & the other one was bedazzled like crazy. I went with the one that was more plain... it was about $600 cheaper as well so that played a lot into it... but I always said I wanted a simple dress so I knew that was the one for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depending on the type of dress, you could always jazz it up a little if you wanted to. Personally I think it's more important to feel like the dress fits you well, hits all your curves in the right places, and just overall makes you FEEL beautiful. The rest is just details. Your seamstress could add a broach or a crystal belt under-bust or you could just wear more eye-catching jewelry. Just my opinion. HTH!
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did not have that problem.  I had a terrible time finding dresses I liked and the one I got was the only one I had a good feeling about.

With that being said, I love both of those dresses!  Personally, I am not a fan of beading so I love the second one.  Plus, I LOVE ruching (my dress has that) and I think it is so flattering on anyone.  But that's my style and you may feel completely different.  They both look awesome on you, and either way you will look gorgeous.  The question is which one do you feel more comfortable in?  Go to the one you're leaning towards.  You won't regret it.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jleigh1902jleigh1902 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the 2nd one better. Is that the more plain one? I like how it sweeps to the side. I think it looks more flattering. And like pp said, YOU are the one wearing it so go with what you really want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yes, I had that same problem. (and the dresses were at 2 different stores across town) I even brought my mom as the "deal breaker" and she was no help! Is there one you just don't want to take off once you're in it? I also like your 2nd dress, altho they look similar.
    June 19, 2010
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the exact same problem and I'm a people pleaser too. And then I put the two dresses on this board and asked for opinions.  And EVERYONE chose the dress I wasn't leaning towards.  In the end I went with the one I was leaning towards and I think it's for the best.  Even now I think I could have gone either way. The other dress was more figure flattering but the dress I got is flattering also and I LOVE the details.  It's what I always had in mind.  Moral of my story....go with your gut!
  • Options
    weddingcourtweddingcourt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Both of the dresses you picked are gorgeous, but I like the second dress a little more. I love ruching :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote #2.

And ditto pp, go with your gut.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    edited December 2011
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who had a hard time finding the one.   I like #2 a little more and so do my 2 of my BM.  I went yesterday with one of my BM and tried both on and when I came out in the second dress she had this look on her face and I could tell before she said anything that she really liked that one.  I love all the beading on the first dress but I'm a jeans and tee-shirt kind of girl so it might be a little out of my norm.  The thing is I really loved the first dress untill I tried on the second and it has been the only dress to make me think twice about my first choice.  The second I have tried on at two different stores, only becasue I didn't know they both had them until I stopped in one to check out another dress and saw it but the sals ladies were totally against that one.  I don't know if it was because it was cheaper than the other dress it was looking at (not the other one in the picture this was my third choice I was looking at again).  They really made me feel bad about liking the second one.  If I went by price one is a few hundred less so that always helps a little.  I still might take my MOH/sister to see both but the second one really has everything I was looking for in a dress, just wish it had a little more beading. 

• Options
    jodyk23jodyk23 member
    edited December 2011
    I also like #2 better. I think you will appreciate not having as much beading, especially under the arms. Alot of my friends have said that they rubbed their underarms raw!
  • Options
    weddingcourtweddingcourt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Not to make things more difficult, but have you considered looking at a few more stores? I was deciding between 2 dresses and I just couldn't decide between them. I also didn't have the "this is it" feeling when I tried either one on, but there wasn't anything else that I liked as much as them. Anyway, I went to a few more stores and found THE DRESS, I fell completely in love with it and nothing else even came close. After I found my dress I couldn't believe I was even considering the other ones.

• Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    edited December 2011
    I have been to least 25 different stores and out of all of them these are the two that I keep thinking about.  That's how I found the second one.  I had seen the first one about a month before seeing the second one and wanted to see what else was out there and found that one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree. I had two that I was completely torn on. One was more plain and one was full of beading and I kept going back and forth. I then went to a sample sale and tried on every possible style and brand that I could. The very last dress I tried on (#17!) gave me butterflies and since it is NOTHING like what I thought I had wanted, I was shocked. But in my gut, there was no way I was leaving that day without my dress. Do I still think about the other ones? Sure! BUT, every time I look at pictures of myself in "THE" dress I pretty much almost start crying...I cannot wait to wear it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards