African American Weddings

WTF Wednesday

I have more than one...

Ok, so MOST ANNOYING COWORKER, you were at work ALL week and now I am sick because of you. You waited until Firday to go to the doctor and it turns out you had strep throat...WTF?!?

We had a spontaneous meeting at work and they were serving wine, I said I couldnt have any...one of the big guys makes a comment like "What is this elementary?" Im like ITS CALLED NURSING! Then hes like Im just playing...yea, uh huh, ok you IDIOT...WTF?!?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: WTF Wednesday

• edited December 2011
    Why are people insensitive and cheap? No you cannot stay with me when you come to the wedding. I am gonna need peace and relaxation, not a house full of folks to entertain.

I can just see it now. The mister and I are not leaving for a honeymoon right away. So what, we are supposed to pay for a hotel room for a few nights since folks want to use our house as their personal hotel. And when everyone leaves, the mister and I will have to come home to a house full of dirty linens, fingerprints from bad kids everywhere, and an empty fridge? NO.

You have known the wedding was coming for 8 months now and you still have 5 months to save. If you cannot afford a hotel, I would rather you not come at all.

And mom and sister, you are included too at this point. EVERYONE has to get a hotel room.
  • OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MissesKB I totally feel you.  I'm like hello you have had months to save money!  I don't want to hear sob stories.  

• edited December 2011
    I'm new here...But I'm gonna give this a try as I am LIVID right now.....

Dear Mother, oh how I love you so much. But please realize that we have FOUR HUNDRED AND NINETY THREE DAYS (yes, I spelled it out) left til the wedding. Please don't pressure me to make every decision right now and call me indecisive when I change my mind. Yes, I said I want a traditional but fun wedding. I'm not 100% sure what that means right now, but please stop getting mad at me for that. I have FOUR HUNDRED AND NINETY THREE DAYS to figure it out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Family members who bug.  NFT.

• edited December 2011

@ MissesKB -- My whole house will be overrun with family when my family comes to my wedding. They better be lucky I rented a suite for the weekend anyway. I am like you I need my rest and relaxation.

Now onto my WTF Wednesday:

Why am I on the phone calling FAMILY, to remind their a$$es to send back their RSVP? I took the time to create a template and print up elegant reminder notices plus a stamped envelope. Don't just assume I know you coming because you are family. Follow instructions dag-nabit!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just saw Erykah Badu's new video....WTF!  I'm all about facing your fears, but come on!!!  Did you really have to get butt azz naked in the middle of the street like that?!
  • TINAMMTINAMM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG MISSESKB!!!! I have my parents staying with us, one of my MOH's and maybe my brother in law!

THEN my inlaws had the nerve to tell us after they come back from Orlando for a few days they may stay with us instead of checking back into a hotel!!1 LIKE HELL YOU ARE!! My parents DO NOT like my inlaws never have, they have always been civil but the final straw was when I was pregnant and stuck on the sid eof the road with a flat and my father in law would not come and help me! He told me to walk across the HIGHWAY to get help from a nearby rental car place, my father a firefighter was on the job and I was on my way to pick up my DH who was returning from WAR at the airport. So never the less if I have to pay for the hotel I surely will to keep them from staying with us, I love my in laws but they get on my nerves! They smoke and drink like liqour is about to be banned! We have been planning for almost a year and you are trying to tell me you havent gotten a hotel room? These people still dont have plane tickets and the wedding is in 11 days. Then people kerep dropping out the wedding like flies, we invited 54 people including us and our kids who rsvped, well we are down to 37 guest including us and our 4 kids. I just really want this to be over already! I am not having fun anymore.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wtf-wednesday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d5f005b4-b4bf-4ee2-b73d-60955d61df15Post:49a2de86-11dd-44b2-9286-7d92fb43d1a3">Re: WTF Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why are people insensitive and cheap? No you cannot stay with me when you come to the wedding. I am gonna need peace and relaxation, not a house full of folks to entertain. I can just see it now. The mister and I are not leaving for a honeymoon right away. So what, we are supposed to pay for a hotel room for a few nights since folks want to use our house as their personal hotel. And when everyone leaves, the mister and I will have to come home to a house full of dirty linens, fingerprints from bad kids everywhere, and an empty fridge? NO. You have known the wedding was coming for 8 months now and you still have 5 months to save. If you cannot afford a hotel, I would rather you not come at all. And mom and sister, you are included too at this point. EVERYONE has to get a hotel room.
    Posted by MissesKB[/QUOTE]

amen to that! i feel the same way with my fam
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards