Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair help

I'm getting married in a year and a half (which I realize seems like forever away), but I want my hair to look great. Currently the ends are fried and it looks...dry.

I want to grow it out as long as possible, so how often do I really need to get a trim?

Also, does the brand of shampoo really matter? If so, suggestions? I also use a flat iron daily, so I'd like to find a good heat protector and/or leave in conditioner. Any suggestions there?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Hair help

• I can def help you, I am a stylist! You at least want to trim it every 6 to 8 weeks, even if its just a light trim. Some ppl think that because there growing there hair out that they dont need to cut it as often. But when that happens, your split ends travel all the way up your hair and you get a frizzy mess! If you use a flat iron daily, def get a protectant... I use Redken heat glide... but there are others. Also brands of shampoos do matter because they have sulfates in them that can strip your hair if it has color in it. I would try Moroccan Oil shampoo and cond, or something really good for dry hair. Good Luck!
  • I would stop using the flat iron or limit using it to once a week. I stopped using mine a few months ago and my hair is so much healthier.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi, You should get your hair trimmed every 6 weeks. By trim I mean ONLY half an inch. I would try a heat protector... Bead Heads Some like it hott it comes in an orange bottle will help ALOT * just turn the heat down a bit on your flat iron... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards