Just Engaged and Proposals

Anyone else send their ring to be sized?

I'm having a mini heart attack that it will not come back.  Even though I know it will.

It comes back Thursday, it's going to be a long week!

Re: Anyone else send their ring to be sized?

• Just be patient and be happy you have a ring.

Rings are resized all the time, I'm sure that your ring will make it back safe and sound.
  • Calm down.  It's just a ring.  I know how much fun it is to wear, especially when you first get it, but stressing about it all week is not good for you.
  • I got my ring resized the day after I got it. The people at the jewelry store were really great and got it back fast. Don't worry at all, they know how much you want it back!
  • My BF now fiance got it sized for me before I even knew I was getting it. lol But don't stress.. Thursdays a few days away to be dwelling on it constantly.
    PersonalMilestone
  • Yesss....I'm totally like you...I'm going MAD with worry. It's supposed to be back this week, but my boyfriend, I mean fiance (still not used to it), hasn't given me the tracking number yet, so I'm a little "flippy-outty" (I really like to make up my own words). Plus, as the news of our engagement trickles around, people keep asking to see my ring and it kills me that I don't have it to show it off :) 

Patience, patience, patience... Just gotta wait a little longer...

Ben (over the phone): What are you doing?

Me: Just eating Nerds and watching "Nightmare on Elm Street."

Ben: Oh. I didn't know you were a cannibal.

• My ring was gone for two weeks when it needed to be resized after the engagement, then recently one of the side stones fell out and it had to go in for repairs for 6 weeks. 

It was a bummer that I didn't have it but I knew it would come back eventually. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had to have my e-ring resized after we were engaged. They did everything in the store, and it only took a few days.
  • I didn't get mine sized until we'd been engaged for a week. We took it to the jewelers on a Friday and were told it wouldn't be ready for two weeks. It was going from an 8 to a 4. I was a little bummed, since that Wednesday was my birthday and I had wanted to show the ring to my family who hadn't seen it yet at my party.

My FI called me Tuesday night, saying it was already done. I was shocked that they said two weeks and it was actually less than a week! So don't stress. It'll come back and before you know it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • I had told my BF (now fiance) that it needed to be 6 1/2 - 7. He got a 7, to be safe, and I took it in the next day to be resized down to 6 1/2. (Wearing a real one doesn't feel the same as the sizers!)  I could either wait until sometime the following week, or get it that Friday for $10. You can bet I wanted it back right away! LOL.   He said he would pay for resizing, but that was already covered in the warranty he bought. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just dropped mine off today to get resized and I've had it for almost a year (I wore a ring snuggie when it started feeling too big and just kept putting off dropping it off). I feel pretty naked without it, but I was told 7-10 days so it won't be too bad!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_anyone-else-send-their-ring-sized?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:4df8c085-dac1-40ae-8b74-3bfaf9377f9ePost:e663fcf2-6515-4c19-aef7-c7abfda51365">Re: Anyone else send their ring to be sized?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just dropped mine off today to get resized and I've had it for almost a year (I wore a ring snuggie when it started feeling too big and just kept putting off dropping it off). I feel pretty naked without it, but I was told 7-10 days so it won't be too bad!
    Posted by deeegoalie[/QUOTE]

<div>Forgive me for asking, but what is a ring snuggie? </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_anyone-else-send-their-ring-sized?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:4df8c085-dac1-40ae-8b74-3bfaf9377f9ePost:6596f229-9614-4b5d-9651-20bdd880776f">Re: Anyone else send their ring to be sized?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yesss....I'm totally like you...I'm going MAD with worry. It's supposed to be back this week, but my boyfriend, I mean fiance   (still not used to it), hasn't given me the tracking number yet, so I'm a little "flippy-outty" (I really like to make up my own words). Plus, as the news of our engagement trickles around, people keep asking to see my ring and it kills me that I don't have it to show it off :)  Patience, patience, patience... Just gotta wait a little longer...
    Posted by rozANDbenSINCE2001[/QUOTE]

<div>I really feel you have understood what I'm feeling right now, I can't help telling everyone we're engaged and everyone wants to see the ring!  I am an impatient person by nature so I've had to keep very busy doing errands and things to distract myself while it's gone.</div><div>
    </div><div>Yay Monday is already over!!!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_anyone-else-send-their-ring-sized?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:4df8c085-dac1-40ae-8b74-3bfaf9377f9ePost:040e0b27-6e1d-4153-973b-85e6079414ce">Re: Anyone else send their ring to be sized?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Calm down.  It's just a ring.  I know how much fun it is to wear, especially when you first get it, but stressing about it all week is not good for you.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I only got to wear it at the store, I haven't been able to show anyone at all yet and that's what's hard to be patient for.  We shopped for it together so now that we found the perfect one I can't wait to see it again!</div>
  • I broke my finger a few months ago and my finger has decided to stay swollen permanently.

I went into the store to get it resized and it was done in the same day.  I didn't even know it could take a couple weeks to do something like that.  It will be back soon I am sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    282image Invited to celebrate!
    208image Will be Dancing the night away!
    74image Won't be having any fun
    0image are giving me a major headache

• Mine took about 3 days and it drove me crazy!  I wore it too big for about 2 weeks (which I do NOT recommend) before I had it sized, just because I didn't want to take it off.  It came back just fine.  Don't worry, Thursday will be here soon!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_anyone-else-send-their-ring-sized?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:4df8c085-dac1-40ae-8b74-3bfaf9377f9ePost:2d9fbfe6-08dc-412f-b7b5-ad5e5332cd26">Anyone else send their ring to be sized?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having a mini heart attack that it will not come back.  Even though I know it will. It comes back Thursday, it's going to be a long week!
    Posted by starburst2785[/QUOTE]

It's probably lost forever.

Feel better?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I feel ya, I actually just sent mine to have it fixed today. I've had it for a year but the gem was loose when it arrived (we ordered off a website) and it fell out last month! I actually said to my fiance "I'm scared it wont come back!" lol I'm glad I'm not alone.
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_anyone-else-send-their-ring-sized?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:4df8c085-dac1-40ae-8b74-3bfaf9377f9ePost:ac0528fb-6e87-4ed2-8adc-853e0d7ebfe0">Re: Anyone else send their ring to be sized?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Anyone else send their ring to be sized? : It's probably lost forever. Feel better?
    Posted by jilld82[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.  You're right Jill.  It's not coming back because there never was one to begin with.  It was all just an experiment to see the average amount of time it takes for a ring to be resized.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_anyone-else-send-their-ring-sized?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:4df8c085-dac1-40ae-8b74-3bfaf9377f9ePost:3ce4de2e-6f92-41b6-850c-f290b4866375">Re: Anyone else send their ring to be sized?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else send their ring to be sized? : Hahaha.  You're right Jill.  It's not coming back because there never was one to begin with.  It was all just an experiment to see the average amount of time it takes for a ring to be resized.
    Posted by SKP82[/QUOTE]

Hey, relax...she's buying a house and isn't even thinking about planning her second wedding with her non existent ring.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_anyone-else-send-their-ring-sized?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:4df8c085-dac1-40ae-8b74-3bfaf9377f9ePost:da0a04c7-4ae0-4851-9596-27555015ff32">Re: Anyone else send their ring to be sized?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else send their ring to be sized? : Hey, relax...she's buying a house and isn't even thinking about planning her second wedding with her non existent ring.
    Posted by jilld82[/QUOTE]

Maybe she got married 2.5 years ago and then got divorced so she could have her "real" wedding? 
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • I had my finger sized at the jewelry store when we went looking at rings, so FI had it sized before he proposed. 
    Anniversary
  •       I've had to bring my ring in twice in the two months I've been engaged. I positively felt like Gollum the first time, the second I felt a little better. I even asked my FI if he thought the could switch out the stones without anyone knowing and he patiently explained it had a code etched on it. If you're an anxious person like me nothing we say is gonna help you- take deep breaths and relax, you're ring will come back :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."~The Notebook~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards