Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Second Line??What?

Okay...sooo I've been reading other posts, but to no help. I am planning on being married in New Orleans..but I don't live there. So I guess I am out of the loop when it comes to some traditional New Orleans style events.....so....What is a second line??

Re: Second Line??What?

• Options
    edited December 2011

for a wedding, a second line is a small walking parade that is lead by a new orleans brass (jazz) band and the wedding party. it consists of all of the guests and it is held after the ceremony. there are two types. the first is done immediatly after the ceremony and you parade down the street to your reception. the second type is done at the reception and you parade around the room. the bride and groom use decorated umbrellas and the guests typically have handkerchiefs. you do not simply walk but you dance and have fun with the music. typically, the walk down the street is in the fench quarter, for example a second line from st. louis cathedral to the reception. talk to your reception vendor for more details at that location. hoe that helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards