African American Weddings
Options

Bare Minerals?

Hey Ladies,

Have any of you heard of or used this makeup?  (name is a link)

Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio

Re: Bare Minerals?

• Options
    KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have. My mom is trying to get me to buy some for the wedding. I had the foundation a few years ago. Are you thinking of using it for your wedding?
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah. I am. I don't normally wear makeup so I am lost when thinking what to buy for the wedding.

A lot of my coworkers were talking about this product and I'm considering buying it and trying it out, but none of them were AAW. So I am wondering how it works for our skin....

Has your mom used it before?

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom has used it. She and I both like it. I will admit that it is light in weight. Many of the other brands that are sold in discount and drug stores seem heavy to me. Bare Minerals is great if you have sensitive skin.

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great post! i was wondering about using Bare Minerals myself instead of MAC.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use Bare Minerals on a daily basis. I have an oily complexion and I LOVE IT! I regularly get compliments on my skin when I have it on. Bonus - when I wore MAC foundation, it always ended up on my phone. Ewww.... Bare Minerals stays put.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister and I both use BareMinerals.  I use the mineral veil to help me with oil and shine and my sister uses the foundation.  We both love the products!  Bonus: Bare Minerals will not cake on your face or buil up as you touch up during the day.  If you do go to try the products, I suggest a Bare Minerals boutique as opposed to trying it in Sephora.  HTH
  • Options
    dannette926dannette926 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wear Bare Minerals on a daily basis. I have eczema, which makes it very difficult for me to wear makeup. My skin is very sensitive and reactive to a lot of different elements of make-up. I get tons of compliments on my make-up and people comment on how great my skin is. I recommend Bare Minerals whole heartedly. If you go to a Bare Minerals store or Sephora, who sells it, they will give you a small sample to take home and use. They can also give you a make-over in the store to see how it works on your skin. I say give it a try. It's a little pricey but it lasts a long time because you don't use a lot.
    **October 8, 2011**
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!

Thanks for the excellent feedback ladies. Now that I know it works on our type of skin, I'm sold. I'm going tomorrow to go pick some up/try some out.

Thanks!

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm going to give it a try as well. My MAC compact was at the end and then I dropped it in the sink so of course it crumbled into pieces so no time like the present to try something new. Thanks for posting this.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards