Michigan-Northern
Options

Stress Rant

I just wanna know if anyone else is as stressed as I am. I have been engaged for about 10 months and still have another 8 months to go. It seems like no matter what desicsions I make I cant make everyone happy. My fiance keeps telling me I am the only one who matters, but I have always struggled with putting myself first I am what you would say a ppl pleaser, not to be mistaken for a door mat. It literally started the day I got engaged. Friends and family were actually mad and upset that they were not there to see it. Sorry if my fiance suprised me by popping the question at his suprise birthday party. One of our couple friends actually had the nerve to say we were trying to be engaged before you. WHAT??? We have been dating for 5 YEARS!!. Okay whatever. Then its my sister being upset that she isnt my maid of honor. His bestman saying he cant attend an out of town bachlor party becuase he needs to install a hot tub on his deck and add on a master bath to his house. Then the same bestmans wife saying we picked the wrong day in May to get married becuase that is when her dad and brothers picked to do there out of town golf weekend that her husband (the best man always goes on too). My mom doesnt want my grandma (her mother) to attend my dress shopping event next weekend. But I think my grandma will be hurt if she doesnt go. Becuase 6 months ago I told her she could come, before any of it was actually planned. And i hurt a friend by not asking her to stand......Sorry for anyone who opened this up and had to listen to my rant. But i cant be the only one going through this can I?

Re: Stress Rant

• Options
    I think everyone goes through some type of drama. We had horrible venue issues and some friends that were less than helpful. At the end of the day, the most important thing is that you get married and nothing else matters. If others don't like your decisions then too bad and they shouldn't come. You have to remember that you are the two most important people. This is YOUR day and you only do it once! I had to make some decisions and maybe feelings were hurt but I had to do what was best for us. You may lose a few friends in the process but they weren't friends to begin with if they don't stand by you. It was all worth it in the end and our day went off without a hitch! I hope everything works out for you and you have a beautiful wedding day! Carrie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards