South Asian Weddings
Options

WR: Music

So Ladies,

I know most weddings have a Do not play list which includes like the Chicken dance or the YMCA song and many other.  But it made me wonder, do we have a do not play list for desi songs???  What would you tell your DJ not to play at your wedding?

Re: WR: Music

• Options
    SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really hate desi songs with english mixed into them. A lot of them send my mind into a blur. Some of the ones which are crowd pleasers are okay, but the rest...no.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oo..good idea Hina, I need to let my DJ know the desi songs I absolutely cant stand..lol
    And yes I have a must play list and am still working on it. Question, my FI is from Cali  and I have fam members coming from Cali and he loves Cali rap and he is adamant on having Tupac S. song "California Love" in the must play list..I have no hate for Cali, but wedding being in philly,sounds out of place for that song ..what should I do?????
  • Options
    HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What songs are you not playing on your weddding?

Nicky, I know what you mean about the song for your FI, but how about a compromise, like playing it during the cocktail hour or beginning or end of the reception.  But I wouldn't worry too much about it, if he really wants it played, then I think you should find a place for it. 

My way of looking at it, there are so many things he is letting me pick out, and my preferences in this wedding, so if he really wants something in the wedding, I would agree to it (within limits of course).  :)

You know, I couldn't remember any songs I don't want it played, I should have written it down...now I am just at a blank. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

So yea he wont be hearing it during cocktail hr since he will be with me taking pictures since he has a short attention span I think our picture session is gonna be a long one, trying to stop him from goofing around..lol.Its funny sometimes but time runs out..(he did this during our engagement shoot, I will tell you stories when I meet you haha, you will get quite a laugh)
    SO yea good idea I will ask the DJ to save it till later when everyone is tipsy enough to not care what they are dancing too..be it california love or another cali rap song..haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didnt think about this for Hindi songs...I should though! Right now I can't think of any songs I wouldnt want them to play, but I am sure they are there...
    ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards