Georgia-Atlanta

Help with Outdoor Venue West GA Area

The wedding is in April, perfect for outside. The type of wedding we want to have is more of a picnic/vintage theme than rustic/country. We have been seriously looking at Vinewood Estates in Newnan and Serenbe Inn in Palmetto, but both are quite expensive and I don't know that they will allow the type of decor we want to incorporate (a vintage truck for our cake display....etc.) Any ideas of somewhere we could do have the ceremony outdoors and maybe a farmhouse or shed type building for the reception? HELP!!!

Re: Help with Outdoor Venue West GA Area

• edited December 2011
    Do you prefer West Georgia around Newnan/Palmetto specifically?  What about Bannings Mill?
  • edited December 2011
    Not necessarily, it's just where the majority of my family lives...which may make set up and take down a little easier ya know? But I am really up for anything within the Metro area I guess....don't really care to go too far either.
  • edited December 2011
    I just looked up Banning Mill, all I can find is Zip Line info...the weddings website has been taken down....any other ideas? I am feeling the heat on this
  • edited December 2011
    We have worked with several brides on invitations and programs in the Lagrange and West Georgia area. One of our brides used a venue called Dunaway Gardens. It was  outdoor and really nice. I'm not 100% sure of its price but she stated it was affordable (Ii guess it depends on your budget though).
  • edited December 2011

You might want to call Banning Mills. They might just have their wedding portion under construction.  There is another place in Tallapoosa it is called Foxwood.  It might be a little far for you but it is pretty

• edited December 2011
    Simply Imagine: Thanks for the input! My coworker had his wedding there and he said it was beautiful, not quite what I'm looking for. I am starting to think I am too picky:(
  • edited December 2011
    Call or e-mail Banning Mills.  They will send you a wedding packet like they did us.
  • edited December 2011
    I have another venue that has been used that just might fit your needs. However it is a little bit further west. Try Sweet Home Plantation, Pine Mountain. Their site is www.sweethomeplantion.com
  • haleightibbshaleightibbs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Banning Mills suffered a fire a couple years ago but has been working to rebuild so definitely call them to get their information.

Dunaway Gardens is quite a bit pricey as Vinewood.

If you're willing to drive a bit, there's a new facility called Foxwoods Event Center in Tallapoosa.
  • CelticTCelticT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Oakhurst in West Point? It is about 45 minutes southwest of Newnan. They have several outdoor options for a ceremony, and the place used to be a milk farm that they converted into a wedding venue.

www.oakhurstfarm.org
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_outdoor-venue-west-ga-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:16249982-dfee-4261-95a3-fcc0b0865a44Post:222f44ea-b9a1-4e06-ad8c-d86e005a1beb">Re: Help with Outdoor Venue West GA Area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Banning Mills suffered a fire a couple years ago but has been working to rebuild so definitely call them to get their information. Dunaway Gardens is quite a bit pricey as Vinewood. If you're willing to drive a bit, there's a new facility called Foxwoods Event Center in Tallapoosa.
    Posted by haleightibbs[/QUOTE]

I looked at Banning Mills last year for our wedding (that we had in August.)
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at The Veranda in Senoia?  It is a charming Bed and Breakfast and I believe it is pretty reasonably priced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards