Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

thepoorbride.com

I know this was discussed back when this hit the media in November but I don't know if there has been an update to them on here or not.

Anyways...they did get married and they have pictures and other info on their site.  I'm curious as to how much was donated but I didn't see it. 

Re: thepoorbride.com

• cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't believe it basically...haha

I would never do that but I am a little envoius that someone just asks for stuff and POOF her whole wedding is paid for :(
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks like literally everything was donated... that's amazing, and kinda sad.  I would never ask for hand outs like that, but to each their own!
  • edited December 2011

The wedding seems like it looks really nice! She's a really pretty girl too. hey it was a great experiment on people's generosity. I don't think I could ever do it either, but she didn't have to pay for a really nice wedding either!

Update 6/13/2010
    June 2011 SiggyChallenge: Wedding Cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why is it that people these days feel they're just entitled to stuff? 
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know!  It makes me sad and angry... I work very hard for everything that I have!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree!  It's not like everyone should expect to be able to have a wedding.  If you want one, figure out how to pay for it.  If you can't pay for it, you can't have it.

Maybe she should have thought about selling that big flat screen TV that's behind her in the picture.  Or disconnecting the cable/satellite/whatever that's feeding it.

Judging from what I saw of her, I would not in any way call her "poor."  I think that's kind of insulting to all the people who really are struggling to make ends meet.
    imageimage Anniversary
  • julie&wadejulie&wade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, don't know how I missed this on the news, but that is a little tacky to me.  I am definately working with a small budget, but I am researching, making phone calls, asking for help from talented people in my life. I cannot imagine begging for handouts. 
  • Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If the woman could spell and design her website a little better, I would be happier about it! I can see a vendor doing it for the free advertising and it being a good deal for them publicity wise, but who wants to be associated with that grammar wreck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards