Getting in Shape

Calorie cycling?

Thumbs up or thumbs down?  Best online resources?  I don't suppose there's a tracking site similar to sparkpeople where I can keep track of it, huh?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Calorie cycling?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_calorie-cycling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:692a1b3f-638b-4864-bd5b-2f7ea8f768f2Post:2709ef87-b4b1-45eb-b560-8bdb0957b2d1">Re: Calorie cycling?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The thing about calorie cycling is that the numbers can be a little deceptive.  If you follow one of the typical plans, you may not necessarily be switching things up on your body as much as you think you are. Say you eat exactly 1500 calories every day.  Unless you do the exact same amount of physical activity every day (and that's pretty much impossible) your body is going to read it as a different amount of calories every day, because the difference between intake and output will change every day. So the weight loss benefits of <strong>"calorie confusion"</strong> are really pretty much a myth.  Then again, though, the physchological benefits aren't.  It can be, like you said, much more sustainable.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>Cycling isn't calorie confusion at all. That's not the point.</div><div>
    </div><div>The point is that it is difficult for most people to maintain a deficit over a long period of time. Cycling provides an opportunity for some days where you are at or closer to maintenance and others where you are much stricter. It provides more flexibility in that way and therefore, is hopefully easier to follow/maintain in the long run. Clearly we have different burns on different days but if you work with an average that is realistic you can start to make some predictions about your deficits. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_calorie-cycling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:692a1b3f-638b-4864-bd5b-2f7ea8f768f2Post:bf748275-6bae-4b14-b5bb-927e61098509">Re: Calorie cycling?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calorie cycling? :<strong> Cycling isn't calorie confusion at all. That's not the point. </strong>The point is that it is difficult for most people to maintain a deficit over a long period of time. Cycling provides an opportunity for some days where you are at or closer to maintenance and others where you are much stricter. It provides more flexibility in that way and therefore, is hopefully easier to follow/maintain in the long run. Clearly we have different burns on different days but if you work with an average that is realistic you can start to make some predictions about your deficits. 
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I understand the difference, but I guess I could have worded it better.</div><div>
    </div><div>I figured there would be readers on that thread who <em>didn't</em> get the point.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards