Maryland-Baltimore

rehearsal dinner

Just got a budget from the future in-laws for the rehearsal dinner and had two questions I wanted to put out there.  i'm probably super early in thinking about this, but busy season at work starts in january and i'm trying to get as much taken care of before then.

1. we're looking for a place to have the dinner - north of the harbor so that we avoid the grand prix madness (our wedding will be in mt. vernon during labor day weekend).  any suggestions?

2. what's a typical price per head for a rehearsal dinner with drinks included?

Re: rehearsal dinner

• celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people are you having? Do you want a private dining room? Are you open to ethnic foods or do you need more variety to suit guests tastes?  We live in that area so I can give you some more ideas once I have that info. 

My favorite place in Mt Vernon is Brewer's Art but that might get pricey. It is totally on the other side of the city but Blue Hill has a great private dining room. We actually considered having our wedding there and their private event person was wonderful. 

I know Fells Point was pretty dead during the race last year and there are a ton of options over that way. Not sure if that is too far for your guests to drive though. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • freebread03freebread03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I was going to say Brewer's Art, but it's already been mentioned!  I love XS--it's Asian Fusion, really tasty. But it's not super fancy (its a lounge atmosphere).  What about Gertrude's at the Baltimore Museum of Art?  It's fairly upscale but not ridiculously priced for as nice as it is (sorry I can't give specifics off the top of my head).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards