Illinois-Chicago
Options

12/10/11 Vendor Reviews, Pt. 1

I'm married!  I honestly found about 95% of my vendors through recommendations and reviews on this board, so I thought I'd pay it forward to brides planning their weddings.  We had a beautiful wedding day and I loved every minute of it!

If anyone has any questions or would like more information, feel free to send me an email at teaandco1211 @ gmail.com (minus the spaces)--PMs never work for me!

Reception:  Arrowhead Golf Club, Wheaton
Recommendation: VERY HIGHLY recommend
Review: I knew wayyyy before I was even engaged that I wanted to have my wedding reception at Arrowhead.  It is a gorgeous setting, and made for beautiful pictures.  The whole building was decorated for Christmas, from the mulitple Christmas trees, to the amazing gingerbread house that the chef decorates every year with his family.  Guests came up to me all night to rave about the stunning building, the friendly and helpful staff, and the superb food.  Kristina, Jaci, and the rest of the team at Arrowhead helped make my wedding day dreams come true, and I can't imagine a better setting.

DOC: Karolina Warren, Weddings by Karolina
Review: I can sum up my experience with Karolina by simply saying, I do not know how brides get married without her.  She was worth her weight in gold, and was so unbelievably helpful, organized, diplomatic, and calm.  Karolina was the main reason why I made it through wedding planning and the wedding weekend without having a nervous breakdown, and I will be forever grateful to her for that.  Her pricing is extremely reasonable, and I honestly could not have done this without her.  Oh, also--I have never met another human being who responds to emails so quickly.  Love!

DJ: Matt Lodding, Your Night Productions
Review: Matt was a fantastic DJ and emcee.  The dance floor was packed, and one party enthusiast told me the next morning that Matt was the best DJ he's ever seen (heard?).  We added uplighting at the VERY last minute (as in, Friday morning for our Saturday wedding), and we are so glad we did--it only added to the beauty of the room.  I would work with Matt again in a heartbeat.

Photographer: Tasha Schalk, Redwall Photography
Review: I loved Tasha from the moment I met her.  She is friendly, enthusiastic, and quick to respond to emails (which I sooo appreciate).  Tasha's eye for detail is amazing and beautiful.  She is so passionate about her work and it shows.  We received an email from Tasha the Tuesday after our wedding with "sneak peek" shots--gorgeous and such a wonderful surprise!  I cannot wait to see the rest of the wedding photos and will treasure them for the rest of my life. 

Videographer: JJ Kim, Orange Wedding Films
Review: I am completely obsessed with JJ and the work that his team does.  JJ is so unbelievably kind--you cannot set foot in his studio without feeling like you are in a friend's family room (an amazingly high-tech family room, but nonetheless, a friend's home).  I was adamant in the beginning of wedding planning that I did not want a videographer...and then I saw one of JJ's wedding trailers and knew that not only did I NEED a videographer, but it had to be JJ.  I am convinced that JJ is the absolute best at what he does and I am so excited to see our wedding trailer and film! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 12/10/11 Vendor Reviews, Pt. 1

• Options
    I had emailed the golf club about pricing packages and no response.  Can you tell me if the prices on their site (starting at $69) include food, bar, taxes, etc?  The photos are gorgeous!
    imageimageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_121011-vendor-reviews-pt-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:bc161d88-f397-4534-afd3-eaeb138320d2Post:4e2baee3-cdfd-48ec-8394-380b37a43cb7">Re: 12/10/11 Vendor Reviews, Pt. 1</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had emailed the golf club about pricing packages and no response.  Can you tell me if the prices on their site (starting at $69) include food, bar, taxes, etc?  The photos are gorgeous!
    Posted by jbenbe28[/QUOTE]

I don't have the info packet or our contract in front of me, so I can't be certain what all was included, but I know that price included a three-course dinner (soup course, salad course, and main) and liquor.  Gratuity was extra, and I can't remember for sure, but I think taxes were not included either.  I can dig up the info if you'd like.  I'm so surprised that you didn't get a response...they were so awesome with email in my experience, but I know that Kristina is out on Mondays...  Honestly, we had such a wonderful experience with Arrowhead--I couldn't imagine having the wedding anywhere else.  Feel free to email or page me with any other questions!  GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_121011-vendor-reviews-pt-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:bc161d88-f397-4534-afd3-eaeb138320d2Post:4e2baee3-cdfd-48ec-8394-380b37a43cb7">Re: 12/10/11 Vendor Reviews, Pt. 1</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had emailed the golf club about pricing packages and no response.  Can you tell me if the prices on their site (starting at $69) include food, bar, taxes, etc?  The photos are gorgeous!
    Posted by jbenbe28[/QUOTE]

I just sent you a PM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards