New York-Long Island
Options

Centerpieces/bouquets

Anyone know a reasonable amount to budget for simple but elegant centerpieces and bouquets?  I am at a loss and just trying to put together a preliminary budget.

Re: Centerpieces/bouquets

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It honestly depends on what your total budget is and the number of guests you're inviting.  We had 17 tables, 4 female attendants, 7 corsages, bouts were free, a chuppah w/flowers, and low centerpieces and we got out for about 3k.  Had we gone for high centerpieces it would have been another 700, but we had an AWESOME florist.

It depends on a couple of things - how formal is your wedding, how large, and how much you are into flowers.  Until you know these things, and what you estimate your total budget to be, it's harder to break it down into categories.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    Tootsie718Tootsie718 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Which florist did you use?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest contacting idivudal florists and getting prices from the ones you like to work into your budget. Flowers were the area we were most off b/c the flowers we wanted were way more expensive than we'd expected. A florist can work with  you to tell you whether your image is too expensive and whatnot.

We used Ivy League in Southold and Ginger was amazing to work with. She did a beautiful job of interpreting our image and went above and beyond with suggestions and the final designs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm starting to look at florists, too.  We're having a fairly casual wedding in a beach-front venue, so we're using that beach theme as a way to keep centerpiece costs down.  I'm probably going to make a bunch of them with things like sand, seashells, beach glass, and candles.  Since there aren't any flowers in them, I can make them whenever and they won't die, plus I'm saving a bunch of money.
  • Options
    bridetobeeebridetobeee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Saisongbird, who was your florist? The decorators I met with are charging an absurd amount of money
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards