Chinese Weddings

feeding DJs at chinese banquets

Our DJ contract says he must be provided a meal during the services.

I have no problems with this - except we are doing the traditional chinese banquet.  Do I sit him at a table with guests?  Does he get his own little banquet?   Anyone know how to feed him???

Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: feeding DJs at chinese banquets

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask your venue to put a little of everything on a single plate for your DJ and any other vendors.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • amwot8amwot8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we had the traditional banquet as well. We told our vendors to order whatever they wanted off the menu rather than provide the banquet menu for them since they would not be sitting at the table for each course. Our vendors were fine with that, in fact, seemed to expect that rather than the banquet menu. I don't think you should have to provide the banquet menu for them.
  • rbtrumpetrbtrumpet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

I believe you should provide food for all of the vendors that service you during the event.

What I have worked out with my DJ/Wedding singer & photographers is at the time of the contract, we negotiated a price so they can take care of their own food on their own. Either BEFORE or AFTER the time of the event. But not during. They will have breaks in between but not for food.

That may be a possibility for you. Every vendor is different.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards