Illinois
Options

Rockford Area Vendors?

Hi there, newly engaged in the Rockford area. Any former or soon to be brides want to rave about one of their vendors? We are working with a smaller budget..in the 8K-10K range, but I'm looking at all options right now. As of right now, we have booked nothing...just looking for any advice anyone in the area might have!

Thanks,
Carissa
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers PGAL and PAL welcomed. Step Mommy to I (16), A(15) and O (12), Mommy to Patricia Catherine, our baby angel.

Re: Rockford Area Vendors?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding in Belvidere last Sept. and they used a photographer that was fabulous - I think it was called White Shutter Photography (I think they were from Rockford) and they had a great Violin duet that I am planning to talk to for my wedding ceremony and Cocktail hour - Classical Aisles - they were the best I've heard at a wedding - I don't know if they would go to Rockford, but they went out to Belvidere
  • Options
    pamcl1218pamcl1218 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement! We are getting married in June at our family farm just outside of Rockford. Since we are outdoors, we are using Rockford Rentals for tables, chairs, tent, etc and they have been incredibly helpful and good to work with. We also met with A Moveable Feast for catering, we did like her but decided to go with someone from Des Plaines. We are doing something small and are also on a tight budget, but most of our vendors are coming from Chicago and the suburbs. Not living in Rockford, we aren't all that familiar with what is available, and I had a really hard time finding what I was looking for there. I would stay open to looking outside of the Rockford area if you aren't finding what you want there. Hope that helps a little bit!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Rockford in September 2010.  So I have a few things for you.  :)  My cake vendor is AMAZING!  Her name is Chris and her email is nautkl1@msn.com  My mom has had her cake before and raves about it.  I will be trying it for the first time in two weeks.  But she is just so nice!  And very inexpensive. 

I also have a really nice photographer.  Her name is Kayleen and her company is Brown Eyes Photography.  http://www.browneyesphotography.com/ When I met with her, I immediately liked her.  Since the wedding hasn't happened yet, I can't say anything about the quality of photos, but I think from the stuff she showed me, it's going to be great.  Her prices are pretty competitive.  The most inexpensive package is around $750. 

Have you made any plans yet??

Kate
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois_rockford-area-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:617Discussion:c5ab00ea-28e2-4f16-92fd-d907fe2a5bfdPost:3dac36c5-68c5-4aab-a337-1d0eb0b81593">Re: Rockford Area Vendors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married in Rockford in September 2010.  So I have a few things for you.  :)  My cake vendor is AMAZING!  Her name is Chris and her email is nautkl1@msn.com[/QUOTE] Do you have any photos of her cakes? Does she have a website? I'm also in the Rockford area and still looking for someone to do the cake. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello We are a Horse-Drawn Carriage business serving Rockford Area our prices start at $300 for a Wedding in Rockford check us out on Facebook Black Horse Carriage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about a reception at Cliffbreakers? I have never been there but I have heard that it is a very nice hall.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cliffbreaker's is nice, but very pricey.  We are using ABC Catering out of Rockford.  They are very flexible and willing to work with you.
  • Options
    Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have you talked to david kasdan videography? they do the entire package for around $600

Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BuddhabuttBuddhabutt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am recently engaged and am planning to have my wedding January 7, 2012 ; reception at the burpee hall on the campus of rockford college....anyone know of any well priced florists, bakeries, and photographers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards