California-Northern
Options

How much do flowers cost??

Hello Ladies!
I dont know much about the cost, type or even where to start with flowers. I am on a budget but how much would flowers typically cost for a wedding?

Re: How much do flowers cost??

• Options
    aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I spent about $1,700 I had a larger wedding though, which required more centerpieces, hence more flowers.

I used Tracy with Budding Events. Very nice lady, and is flexible with her pricing! HTH!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My bouquet was about $150, BM bouquets were $85, corsages were about $20 each and the boutineers were I think $12.50 each.  A very small bowl of flowers for a centerpiece were going to be 70-95 each.  We skipped those and splurged on the $200 for petals in the aisle.  If you have any friends with skills, buy the flowers in bulk and make your own bouquets. We had 2 ceremony arrangements that I think were $150 each as well.  
    September 2011 March Siggy Challenge
    We had a great Wedding Party
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Tracy Gibbons as well. I am not using alot of flowers my bouquet which is the most expensive item and I have 4 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen, 2 ring bears, 2 dads and 3 moms. 2 single flowers for each centerpiece and petals for the aisle. All that for $600.

Like PP said she is very flexible and can make things work for your budget.
    Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It depends. Most of my quotes were between 1000 and 2000 dollars. Bouquets were about 100 each, $150-200 for bridal..etc. 
  • Options
    eliselaylaeliselayla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to do flowers from samsclub.com. They have packages for as low as $297 for 1 brides bouquet, 1 toss bouquet, 4 bm bouquests, 6 boutonierres, 4 corsages and a box of petals.They also have larger packages including centerpieces.
  • Options
    Costco!  They have great deals on packages and you can customize with your colors.  My venue already includes centerpieces and flowers, otherwise I would be using Costco.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    A local florist can work with you for most budgets.  The costs depend entirely on your choices- the types of flowers and the amount you need.  If you go through Costco or Sam's club do you have the proper training in flower hydration? Do you have the storage facility to keep them cool?   Do you really want to worry about that the day before your wedding day or the day of?  What happens if your box gets lost or someone drops the box and all of the rose heads snap off? Are you ready to spend HOURS putting the flowers together after they are correctly cut, stripped, and hydrated? Do you already have all of the tools needed, extra buckets etc. or will you have to buy those too?  Calling a local florist that does this for a living will be able to walk you through every step and help you with your budget.  You will feel much better when you don't have to worry about your flowers pre-maturely wilting, or worse yet- not showing up!!

~Jamie Hindley
    www.passionflowersbyjamie.com
  • Options
    I've also seen people on here talking about http://www.fiftyflowers.com and
    http://www.wholeblossoms.com as online-order options. Looks they have have both boxes of premade flowers and DIY packages. I for one am still hunting for the best option!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards