Destination Weddings Discussions

Suggested designers for beachy gowns

Hey all! I just got engaged last Saturday and we are already starting to plan our destination wedding. I was so excited to see that TheKnot has a board just for us!

I've just started looking online for gowns and am really struggling to find something that isn't so formal. I'm looking for a "beachy" style gown. Alfred Angelo has some beautiful gowns that aren't as "formal," but I welcome suggestions! I'm not looking to spend any more than $500. Thanks!
Mel & Mark - September 4, 2010 - Destination wedding in Miami, FL

Re: Suggested designers for beachy gowns

• Congrats & welcome to the board!  I googled beach wedding dresses and found a ton of sites but ended up with a tradtional gown I loved !

• Hi, congrats on your engagement and welcome to the Board!!  :)

As the previous posters have mentioned, you're going to love the gals here.  Everyone is so friendly and helpful!

As far as dresses are concerned, David's Bridal has a variety of gowns that are 'beachy'.  In fact, you should check out their webiste for their gowns that are on sale.  You can score big time periodically.  I have a friend getting married in July who found her dress and it was on sale for $350! 

Good luck!  And happy planning!
  • Thank you all for the great suggestions! I have been checking out Maggie Sottero's Destination line and they are exactly what I'm looking for. It looks like some of them do run close to my price range, so I am going to find a store nearby to try some! Thanks again!!! :-)
  • i have a maggie sottero and i love it!! its closer to 700 but well worth it. also the bridal experiece at a salon versus a davids bridal or alfred angelo(especiialy on the weekend) helps with the process. congrats and good luck.
    FYI with maggie sottero. if the bridal salon doesnt have a specific style number yu want they can borrow it from maggie for small fee. which is often applied towards purchase
  • Congrats on your engagement!

My dress is by Dessy. It is part of their Sandals Destination line and cost $495. Here's a link http://www.dessy.com/wedding-dresses/ .
    Sunshine_zps3fcf529f BabyFruit Ticker
  • All of you totally rock! Thank you for such great suggestions!!!

@Italy - I didn't realize Sandals had a wedding line! I love their try samples on at home program. What a brilliant idea!!!!
  • Welcome to the board Mealanie! You can definitely find a lot of information on this board. Alfred Angelo is a biggie for beach dresses...but most designers have a line. I'm getting my dress from Casablanca. However, I'm not choosing the beach dresses and going for the fit and flare style. Best of luck!
  • Hi & congrats!!!

I went with "beachy" too...my gown was ABS (got lucky and found it on ebay from another bride who never wore it ~ $100!!!).  I bought it as my AHR gown, but once I got it, I couldn't believe how much I loved it.

You might look at Nordstom too.  They have some very affordable and beachy dresses online.

GL!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards