Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

It's Wednesday night, ninjas!

Re: It's Wednesday night, ninjas!

• Options
    That's great news, Kcs!
  • Options
    I need a serious kick in the pants. My counselor gave me one tonight, but I'm like Daff. Blah. I haven't worked out since last Wednesday which is soooo not typical for me now. I haven't lost any more weight in like 2 months. It's starting to get a little depressing. Stress is just overwhelming me right now and I don't know when I'll get a chance to decompress.
  • Options
    That's exciting Jally.  

I think I'm working 2nd shift Saturday this weekend.  That will be a nice addition to my last check of the year.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heyyyyy guys. I see TK is still jacked. That's cool.

How is everyone? Loopy, how goes the job hunt? Anything good?

I love rain like just about nothing else in the world, but I'm ready for snow. I've been in a major funk lately and the rain is not helping.

ETA: Holly, your birthday is tomorrow too? Twins!!
  • Options
    oh dear, MK, you can get it back, you have come so far.

::kicks MK in butt, oh so gently, to get her moving again!::
  • Options
    Do you have any time off for the holidays MK?  Sorry you're blah.  I hope you find some motivation soon.
  • Options
    Happy early Birthday Twins....Holly and Gretch!
  • Options
    Virgin. Diaries. Is. Hilarious.

That is all.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    GLR - NOTHING on the job front.  There's not even many new postings right now.  I'm hoping it picks up again after the new year.
  • Options
    Loopy I don't even know TBH. I work for such a small company, that I haven't even heard if we're taking the Monday off after Christmas and the Monday off after New Years. Technically those are the national holidays since they fall on Sunday this year. I know I'll be working the 30th and 31st for sure though.
  • Options
    OK I'm back. Did a little ab stuff so I don't feel like a total slug. Maybe just 90% slug. Fiddled around with my bass a little but couldn't really get anything going.
  • Options
    I'll have to check that one out sometime TR.  How are you?  How's SC treating you?
  • Options
    MK - I hope you get to take a day or two to relax.  This time of year is always SO crazy.
  • Options
    Okay, officially beyond annoyed. CW told me to place our dinner order "and he'd run right out and get it". They said it would be ready in 10 minutes.

That was over an hour ago and I don't think he's even left yet to get it (I can't leave).

My poor tummy is grumbling at me now :(
  • Options
    Yeah, J, I don't think brown butter tastes that much different than regular butter.

MK, you have a lot of stuff going on right now, don't beat yourself up about not working out. I know you want to lose more weight, but as long as your maintaining I don't think you should beat yourself up about anything. When things calm down you'll be able to pick up where you left off.

In other news...I just made the best eggplant parm of my life.
  • Options
    mk - I work the day after Xmas and the 30th/31st... definitely a crappy feeling :(
  • Options
    Thanks, Ski!!

Loops, that blows. I scheduled myself evening classes in the spring so I can start looking for a meaningful full-time day job here, since I'm no longer moving. But, of course, the job market in NEO is probably even worse than CO. :(
  • Options
    Sounds yummy Anna.  
  • Options
    I like eggplant, but I never eat it. That ought to change.
  • Options
    They talked about brown butter on NPR cooking show I sometimes hear. Never heard of it before and now you are talking about it. Strange. Tyra has forgiven me for her bath, and is all cuddly, warm, dry, purring and doesn't reek.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yes, Daff, it ought to. I love eggplant.
  • Options
    Good evening, ladies!

I actually did manage to get to the gym tonight...which has unfortunately been a rarity for me lately, as well.  I feel you all on the "blah."  I'm now eating beef stew I made in the crock pot today.  Something about the seasoning is a little off - I'm kind of disappointed.
  • Options
    Mica, you totally should.  It's awesome.

SC is amazing, the weather is unbelievable.  I didn't wear a jacket today.  And it's DECEMBER!  Of course, you're in FL so you know.  But this is really exciting for me! :)

Not crazy about the job still, but really thankful to have one and have money coming in.  After the new year when I get more vacation time, I'll be looking hard core and trying to get some interviews in.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    There are lots of veggies I like, but never grab when I'm at the store. I think I'm in need os some serious meal planning to incorporate new things into my diet. I'm a little bored with it. It's just hard to meal plan for one. Le sigh.

Thanks ladies. I know I'm doing great still by maintaining. I'm happy I haven't gained anything. It's just frustrating to do so well for so long, then just feel like I'm at a standstill.
  • Options
    *head*desk*

CW finally went to get food. I placed the order with the wrong location, so they had nothing ready. He guessed at what I wanted, and guessed wrong :( Oye.
  • Options
    GLR - what line of work are you in?  I forget if you've told me.
  • Options
    MK - I understand about meal planning for 1.  I find myself picking up Panera or Zoup! regularly... or resorting to soup and biscuits or frozen pizza.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-wednesday-night-ninjas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e568cdee-60da-4ed1-857a-7f26ada8bc09Post:f0a62ba9-f574-4d94-b634-ef75dd8c0452">Re: It's Wednesday night, ninjas!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's just frustrating to do so well for so long, then just feel like I'm at a standstill.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]
    I know the feeling! I've lost a bunch of weight over the past year, albeit not nearly as much or as quickly as I'd hoped, because I keep sabotaging myself. It's so frustrating to have been at it for so long and not be closer to my goal. I'm so tired of being fat! Just tired of it. That's why I'm being so hard on myself right now.
  • Options
    TR - Manda, Anna, Cfas, Sarah#s, and I were all about to road trip your way on Saturday. Manda was talking about how the last person she knew down there had just moved away and she didn't have a place to stay anymore. We reminded her that you're down there now. I think a girls trip to SC would be so very awesome!
  • Options
    Holly - Oreos must be deep fried, not just fried. its like a commandment.

Thanks for the wishes and thoughts, ladies. She went peacefully; within an hour of my mother talking to her and telling her it was okay to go on to Daddy (mom's Dad).

Mom's asked John to be a pallbearer, as long as he can get a later flight out than me on Saturday (he has to work until noon).
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards