Texas-Houston
Options

Vendor Reviews

Hi All,

I didn't post much pre-wedding, I mostly lurked and got some great info from everyone's posts. So thanks to everyone. I did want to post vendor reviews because I used a lot of vendors not frequently mentioned on this board.

Venue: The WestLake Club - A+
We had our ceremony at the Chapel at Grace Presbyterian Church and our reception at the WestLake Club. We really loved the set up of the reception venue. We were able to have a separate room set up for our guests children to watch movies and color, the buffet and bar were in separate areas, and there was a lot of room to just spread out. The food was good too. Jennifer the coordinator was absolutely wonderful. She made the whole thing a lot less stressful. I knew if something went wrong, she would handle it. I highly recommend this venue.

Photographers: MD Turner Photography - A+++
We absolutely loved Deb and Mike. They really went above and beyond in my opinion, stepping in to help with other things when needed - like pinning on flowers. The photos are gorgeous. They got great shots of a lot of people attending the wedding and it was great to be able to share these photos. We hope to be able to use MD Turner again in the future for some family photos. Everyone loved them! Our photos were just blogged on the site (Angie and Zach): http://www.mdturnerphotography.com/blog/.  

Photobooth: Lasting Images - A -
I would have given them an A+ but my husband's name was misspelled on the photos that printed out so I had to deduct a bit for that. The photobooth was a huge hit with our guests and I love the photo album/guestbook they put together for it. It really does hold some great memories.

Dress and Hair and Makeup: Misora Bridal/Blush and Co. - A+
I purchased my wedding dress from Misora Bridal and had my alterations done there. I loved Jeannie who helped me pick out my dress. She was always honest with me and truly interested in finding the perfect dress for me. I have no idea how they managed to do the alterations so well, but I was pleased. We also had the bridal party makeup and hair done at the salon. We think our pictures look so good because of the great work they did on our hair and makeup.

Flowers: Carmen's Floral - B+
My bouquet was stunning and photographed really well. All of the other flowers were great, except the corsages were a little wilted looking. I must admit, the weather was terrible the day we got married so I think that had a lot to do with it. Carmen was good to work with, but it was a bit pricy. We also had to take the vases used at the reception back to the florist - that was not something I had anticipated having to do myself.

Cake: Jenny's Bakery Pearland Location - A
I loved our cakes. We had a lemon cake for our wedding cake and it was so good that I keep threatening to eat the part we are saving for our anniversary. The groom's cake was a Super Mario Brothers theme and they did a great job bringing our vision to life.

DJ: LG - B
My only complaint with the DJ was that I wished they would have played more songs off of the long list we provided or modified things a bit when folks were not dancing. The MC work was great and the price we paid was good.

Best wishes to everyone on your planning!

Thanks,
Zangie

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011

Angie - all this time on the board i had no idea who you were... lol! Amanda (Jackson) showed me your pics on facebook. Everything looked lovely!

Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful pictures!  Congratulations!  LOVE that dress and the bouquets!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ZangiePants: I am having my reception at The Westlake Club, Im so glad you posted a review, and I do agree Jennifer has been great thus far. Have you gotten any teasers or pics from the reception, I would love to see them. My email is tamika36 at hotmail dot com.
    Congrats,
    Tamika
  • Options
    kbates85kbates85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Your pics are great! I love your shoes! Where can I find them?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ZangiePantsZangiePants member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Becca - Did you photograph Amanda's wedding? Her photos were gorgeous!

Kbates85 - My shoes were from Nordstrom. I think they were exclusive to them because even though they were Jessica Simpson's no one else had them. Not sure if they still have them because they went on sale the week of my wedding in March.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_vendor-reviews-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:88646484-534c-49cd-81aa-4b4fa8a9d401Post:a794fa7c-98a4-4593-b2b3-a43cb4761f5b">Re: Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Becca - Did you photograph Amanda's wedding? Her photos were gorgeous!
    Posted by ZangiePants[/QUOTE]

Thanks! i did one set of engagements for her and her bridals - Carolyn Jones did her wedding but we dont have pics yet. Look at all of us all married now. LOL
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards