Military Brides

would this be weird looking?

i just had a thought....
both my FI and I will be newly commissioned 2LTs in the Army when we get married, and he'll be in his dress blue, but of course I'll be in my wedding gown.
I saw a picture of a bouquet and attached was like a war medal, and I was wondering if it would look weird to pin my MI branch symbol on my bouquet.
It just so happens to match my color scheme, but I didn't want it to be strange

any thoughts on this?

Re: would this be weird looking?

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what it looks like, but I don't think it would be strange.  Many brides attach something to their bouquet, like a small photo, an heirloom piece of jewelry, etc.  As long as it's not some really big thing, I think it would look fine.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • verymegvverymegv member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_would-this-weird-looking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:24f43af0-87ec-4dcc-ac57-0848eaed3d33Post:8271f6d4-ca68-4611-998f-75d546d2d241">Re: would this be weird looking?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know what it looks like, but I don't think it would be strange.  Many brides attach something to their bouquet, like a small photo, an heirloom piece of jewelry, etc.  As long as it's not some really big thing, I think it would look fine.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

<div>no, it's not large at all. it's a pin about the size of a large quarter.</div><div>
    </div><div>i just meant, would it be weird to put my branch insignia on my bouquet</div>

• edited December 2011
    I don't think it would look odd - but I would perhaps check around to make sure it would be okay. I know some branches are very picky with use of medals. However, this seems like a great idea! :)
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I think that would definitely look okay.  And it would be a way to wear the military while still wearing your dress.  

Do you want it to be visible for everyone to see?  Or just for you to personally know it's there?  if you are going through a florist you could bring it to them and have them work it into your bouquet, making it as visible as you want.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_would-this-weird-looking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:24f43af0-87ec-4dcc-ac57-0848eaed3d33Post:dc4e2878-4086-4520-aafd-29af680183bf">Re: would this be weird looking?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it would look odd - but <strong>I would perhaps check around to make sure it would be okay. I know some branches are very picky with use of medals.</strong> However, this seems like a great idea! :)
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]

You don't have to worry about this- it's just a branch insignia- there's no regulation that says you can't.  Personally, I would really think about this though.  I'm assuming you're commissioning this spring?  If so, you won't even be branch qualified yet, and second- what happens if you find out that you don't really like your branch?  You're going to realize very soon that the Army is going to incorporate itself into your life in so many ways (whether you want it or not)- take this one day to just be a girl. ;)  That's just my opinion- plus I really don't like my branch. :/  GL!
  • verymegvverymegv member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the input everyone

I just saw it in a picture and it sparked the idea. I think I'll think about this one for a little bit before deciding

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards