Texas-Houston

HELP PLEASE! Looking for VERY affordable wedding venue in TX/LA- $5,000 for everything- 50 people?

Hi all,
My fiance and I have been together for 4 years now and I finally got my "shut up ring" as we call it lol Were MI natives living in Houston, and were on a MAJOR BUDGET! Like $5000 for everything, dress, flowers, etc (- the honeymoon) At this point I just want to be married, but am not willing to do it with out my close friends and family. I would like to keep the wedding within driving distance from us, to keep travel costs down, since were paying for most of it ourselves. Ive been looking at Annadeles Plantation near New Orleans, bc of what they have to offer and for such a good price. However, I havent been able to get in touch with their event planner.
I feel like I have searched high and low. While the cost of living seems to be low in Houston, getting married here, not so much. I'd be open to any venues in TX or LA. Im looking for a simple buffet (but not just appetizers) beer/wine pkg (if bar is included thats even better!) Onsite ceremony would be preferable bc 99% of our guests would be traveling- expecting around 50 people? I'm planning for October since that seems to be the only time the weathers right for an outdoor wedding. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks-
Katie

Re: HELP PLEASE! Looking for VERY affordable wedding venue in TX/LA- $5,000 for everything- 50 people?

• edited December 2011
    Have you considered a morning (10am) ceremony and having a brunch reception?  I wanted to do that - it's so elegant and happy!  (I got vetoed by the groom - lol)  And who doesn't love breakfast food?  Plus your bar tab won't be nearly as bad.  I think there are many gorgeous restaurants in houston that could accomodate you especially for that time bc it's not as popular.  Macy's has some pretty dresses that are shorter like this: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=560680&CategoryID=5449&LinkType=#fn=COLOR%3DIvory/Cream%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D37 let the guys wear suits they already own, DIY invites, simple flower arrangements, etc.  You can still have a beautiful wedding! 
  • edited December 2011
    def doing diy invites! making centerpieces, ipod instead of dj- not too keen on the brunch reception. cruising out of nola/galveston to save on airfare for hm
  • edited December 2011
    there are still great restaurants around houston that have beautiful courtyards you can have the ceremony in and provide a great reception (I suggested backstreet cafe or ousies table to another knottie) that can accomodate your budget.
  • edited December 2011
    those were great suggestions, thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Butlers Courtyard in League City Tx.  They have an all inclusive package that is for 50 people.  It includes everything but the minister and the booze.  If I remember correctly, they were very reasonable.
  • kljames02kljames02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also look at Brennan's Restaurant.  They have a courtyard to get married on and have several private rooms to accommodate 50 people.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Events Etc. You should be able to get everything minus the dress that you want for way under $5,000. Hopes this helps. http://www.eventsetcweddings.com/_index.html
  • edited December 2011
    Butlers Courtyard is very pretty and I heard wonderful but I got their price quote and unfortunately it was way more than I anticipated too....but might be in your budget for a smaller group. PM me if anyone needs the pricing fwd'd.
    TTC Since 6/12 regular periods with annovulation DH S/A healthy Hormones normal-all unexplained IF currently 10/12 50mg of clomid-no response-BFN 11/12 100mg of clomid-1 mature follicle-IUI #1=BFN 12/8/12 clear HSG 12/12 100mg of clomid-2 mature follicles-IUI #2=BFN 1/13 5mg femara un-monitored TI, BFN 2/13 7.5mg femara 2 mature follicles, IUI#3 BFN
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards