Ohio-Toledo
Options

QOTD 5/21

With regards to your Bridesmaids, how much of their look (dress, shoes, jewelry, hair, make up, etc.) are you letting them pick on their own and how much are you deciding?

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 5/21

• Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Dresses: I asked that they be apple red and long.  Other than that, everyone chose their own style.

Shoes: I asked that they wear any silver shoe.  Looking back, this was silly.  Nobody saw their shoes anyway.

Jewelry:  I bought everyone a necklace that everyone liked.  Anything over and above that they could choose.

Hair:  Slightly bridezillia-ish....  Everyone could have their hair however they wanted it as long as it was up.  We were having an outdoor wedding and tons of pictures outside and I didn't want anyone's hair to look crazy from wind.  Also, I think it looks more formal.  I at least paid for everyone to get their hair done.

Make up:  They all did their own hoewever they wanted that day.  One of my sisters usually wears almost no make up at all.  On the day of my wedding, she used some powder and mascara and was finished.  She was thrilled. :)

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    aholtsbaholtsb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am telling my girls that I want them to wear a black knee length dress and black shoes.  They can pick whatever style they want.  I don't really care that much about them all matching, I want them to be comfortable in what they are wearing, and I want them to have something that they can wear again.

I am also letting them pick  jewelry, hair, make up.  If they want to get their hair and makeup done  they can, but if they want to do it themselves, that is cool too.

I am pretty laid back, I just want everyone to be comfortable in what they are wearing so that they can have a fun time!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Everyone is wearing the same knee-length teal dresses.  I asked that they wear black shoes (any style, but I wanted them the same color since they will be seen with the short dresses).

Hair, make-up, and jewelry is completely up  to them!

• Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I let them choose everything.

I see no reason why everyone has to match exactly...or wear the exact same shoes...or jewelry.  For goodness sake...I wouldn't dictate how they wore their hair any other day of my life...why would I for the wedding?  I want them to be comfortable and to feel like themselves.  When I look back at the day, I want to remember them as they usually are, not some pretend version I made up for the day. They even chose the color.

I told them my plans for the wedding overall and said roll with it, and they did!  Colors were originally red and white,  but they ended up choosing the same long black satin dresses at Dillards for $89.00. We went ahead and added black as an accent color and everything flowed really good. 

MOH has silver strappy sandals, Bridesmaid1 wearing black strappy heels, Bridesmaid2 wearing black flip flops.

One girl wants an updo, another to leave her hair down, and the other a half-up.

The happier they are that day, the happier I'm gonna be. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dresses: I asked that they be black and be able to look ok with a red sash/ribbon added.

Everything else is their choice. I'm choosing things that I will do/wear that I will be comfortable in and I expect that they be comfortable as well.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was pretty open-minded when it came to everything.  Three of the girls went to look at BM dresses together with me, and they all ended up liking the same dress.  The other girls liked it too, so that's what we went with.

I bought them all the same necklace when I asked them to be in the wedding, but told them they didn't have to wear it unless they loved it -- they all wore it for the wedding, and several of them still wear it a lot. :)

Shoes, hair, makeup...   all up to them.  But they all decided to do manis and professional hair-styling for the day of, at the same salon, so I called the salon and put money toward everyone's services anyhow. :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards