Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Get Polished

I am reading some not so stellar reviews about get polished, mainly that they are unprofessional and hard to get in touch with. This has not been the case with my experience but since I have heard these reviews I was wondering if anyone could comment on their actual work.

I want a natural look with foundation that is visible but not caked on and dark eyes. I was wondering if people were satisfied with their make-up from get polished. I am worried about booking them before I do a trial run, but they can't do a trial run for another month and I am afraid they will book, just like all the other people I have called have done. Can anyone give me some advice?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Get Polished

• Options
    hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I liked my makeup and hair! I would have went with single fake eye lashes, since mine began to pop off midway through the wedding, but I really liked everything else!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved my hair and makeup!  They did my whole wedding party, two moms, and two grandmas and everyone looked great.  I never had any problems getting in touch with them, and they were on time for my trial and wedding day. 

All of the negative reviews really freaked me out before my wedding, but I just went in with lots of pictures of what I wanted.  I never had any problems with them. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    lbmsrlotrlbmsrlotr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If u want to look like a used up hooker, then stay with that company.

I used them for a "trial run" &  I was too embarassed to go out in public with the way I looked.

I choose not to look like I'm on the Jerry Springer show...if that's ur desired look...then stay with that company.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I could've done a better make up job on myself then Get Polished did. The make up they use is drug store quality ( i had to draw the line when the "make up artist" pulled out a wet N wild lip liner). Biggest wedding regret was hiring them!!
  • Options
    ashodomashodom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard not such great reviews about them and also heard from some people who did use them that there was a falling out and the best of the company left to start their own company.  It made me too nervous so I strayed away!  Best of luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does this hold true for their coordinator duties too I wonder? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using them for Hair & Makeup but we decided to use Nikki with 318 Designs for the planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @nono2012- yes this holds true for their coordinator duties as well. They were a big waste of money on all accounts. Emily is a liar and just an all around nasty person. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards