Ohio-Columbus

Help, My wedding is in 27 days and I need help.

Hello ladies,
We are planning a January 2, 2010 wedding and need help. I have nothing so far for this quick wedding. I need some info on a location for up to 30 people and a good photographer. Please help.

Paige

Re: Help, My wedding is in 27 days and I need help.

• edited December 2011
    I have a dress I am selling.  Its gorgeous, never worn Maggie Sottero "Talia", Ivory with gold.   It includes veil and slip.  Size 10 street size 8.  if interested emal me lesalecia77@yahoo.com

Leslie
  • edited December 2011
    Get a wedding planner! I'm sure they can help a lot with searching locations and locking in vendors.
  • KermitClin06KermitClin06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest first setting your budget because that will narrow down your choices for a lot of different things. The size of your wedding will help open up a bunch of different options for you that larger weddings can't go to. A friend of mine once attended an intimate wedding at Worthington Inn and was raving about how nice it was there. I'd suggest picking up an issue of Columbus Bride Magazine and looking through their venue list (it's basically a matrix with prices, location, size, etc. for Columbus area venues). They also have a lot of those venues listed on their website www.columbusbride.com but the matrix makes it so much easier to sort through.
    As for a photographer, I highly suggest Matt Smith of Matthews Wedding Photography. He's fantastice, reasonably priced, and very easy to work with! His website is: www.matthewsphoto.net and you can view more photos on his Facebook fan page here as well as pics from our wedding in my bio. Good luck with your planning!! Smile
  • edited December 2011
    I've got a list of some of the photographers in the central Ohio area that I'm considering...that's about all the help I can give.  I've looked at sooo many websites and these were the ones that have made the first round cut.  Good luck and keep your head on straight! =)

Amy Rebecca Photography, Picture the Love, Heather Claypool, Rick Buchanan Photography, Simon Yao Studios, J.W. Photography, Studio 187 Photography, Catapult Photography, Meredith Cope Photography, Shannon Williams Photography, Foto 21, Benamin James Photography, Sean W. Gillilan/PhotobyG, Novia Distinctive Photography, Red Gallery Photo, New Age Foto, Anthony Prince Studios, Unveiled Photo, Jacobus - Photographers in Love, *Print, JRD Photography, Christopher Denk Photography, Shannon Sano Photography, David Harrison Photography
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • chaseglchasegl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When you say location, are you talking about a ceremony location, reception location, or both?

Graystone wine cellar is a great intimate reception location for that size.  Everal barn in Westerville is also a great location, but it would require you to get a caterer, etc. 

There are a ton of photographers in the area.  Check the Knot local resources.  We're using Lotz photography, but they're on the pricier side.
  • nadia_beliminadia_belimi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check our Barcelona Restauant.  We were married and had our reception there in early February last year.  We has about 35 guests.   They have a large space in theiir back that can be curtained off.  It was beautiful and intimate.  Most importantly, the food was fabulous.  Everyone raved about the food,and it wasn't that expensive under 1000 with wine..  We used Dan Smith at Familyography for a photo/video package that was under $1500 which all turned out excellent.
  • edited December 2011
    Picture the Love is a great photographer!
  • zoenmatt09zoenmatt09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure on locations but I can recommend my photographer.  www.newarkstudiob.com She's reasonable and I've been happy thus far. 

HTH!!
  • reevetobereevetobe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also rec Barcelona. We had our rehearsal dinner there and it was fantastic. Another location idea is The Worthington Inn. Call Vance -- he's amazing! You could use the ballroom for both ceremony and a reception, if you wanted. It's stunning.

Our photographer was Christa with *Print Weddings/sister studio for Kitty Maer. They are worth every penny, though they were one of our pricier vendors.

I second the suggestion to get a wedding planner! They will help you so much. Just take a deep breath and start meeting with vendors and go with the ones you get a good vibe from. That's what we did and it worked out very well!
  • BrideFinderBrideFinder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd also get a wedding planner, she'll help you out with everything AND save you money in the process.  

columbusbridalconsultants.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards