Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Thank-You Note Advice

Hi ! I recently got married in Mexico and had a small reception when we returned home.  Almost all of our guests gave us money for gifts.   My question is - how do we acknowledge a cash gift in the thank-you notes?  Should I just thank each person for coming to the reception?  Should I mention the cash?  Should I say what I plan to spend it on?  I'm normally very good with thank-you notes, but I have no idea how to properly thank someone for a cash gift. 

Any suggestions as to how you thanked people for giving you money for your wedding is greatly appreciated!

Re: Thank-You Note Advice

• Options
    We are saying "thank you for the wonderful gift" and then saying that we plan to use it on a waffle maker or something.... that's what we were told is the "proper" thing to do.

HTH
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    Ditto pp. Just say like it will be put to good use buying ____ while we start our new life together or you can say something specific you still want off of a registry.
  • Options
    We are just saying thank you for the generous gift.  We are making no mention of what we are using the money for, because if we did it would say "thank you for the generous gift.  It will be used toward paying off our wedding credit card, or left in our savings account."  Not very fun!  I don't think you need to mention it.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We said "Thank you for coming to our wedding, and generously giving us a gift.  We plan to use your gift towards a new pasta maker, or appliance for our kitchen :) and will think of you both when using these items.

Thanks again,
    Mr and Mrs K :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    Thanks for the great advice!  Now that I'm not longer at a loss for words, I can begin writing them this weekend.... =)
  • Options
    Yes...thank you for your generous gift was what we wrote. We also mentioned we are saving for a house and their gift made it possible for us...somethin a long those lines. I googled the wording out...lol
  • Options
    We said thank you for coming and a few things like that then said thank you for the generous gift of money.  It will be put to good use in our new house (we just bought a house a month before the wedding so that was an easy way to put it!)
  • Options
    If you haven't decided on how you'll spend it or would prefer not to, you could say that you really appreciate their generous gift, and that while you haven't decided how you'll use it yet, when you do you'll think of them and how they made it possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards