Alabama
Options

DJ's in Alabama- Is this a good price?? Please respond

I am looking at getting a DJ in the Montgomery area for 4 hours and he wants to charge me $750.00!! Is this a good price. I think that it is high.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJ's in Alabama- Is this a good price?? Please respond

• Options
    lexa10lexa10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not in your area. (I'm in Huntsville) But, I went to Bridal Fair 2 weeks ago and one DJ quoted us a price of $400 for 3 hours, and if we book by the end of January then we get a free uplighting package.

I'm not sure about prices for DJs or bands, or even if the price I was quoted is good, but I definitely think in your case that $750 for 3 hours is very high, especially if that's all you get.

Hop that helps!
  • Options
    JGreenfan2000JGreenfan2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, i am looking at one thats 1,000 need to re think that one. 
    Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That does seem a little high, unl;ess he's doing other services like emceeing, or lights, or something like that. I'm sure you can find others that are cheaper, especially for 4 hours.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Thea519Thea519 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just signing on to ask the very same thing. I am in Mobile, not Montgomery... but I spoke to a DJ today that said his usual price for "the entire event" was $1,200.00. However, since we were referred to him by a close friend, he'll do it for $800.00. I've never hired a DJ before, but I wasn't planning on spending more than $500.00. Anything over that just seems outrageous! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dannette926dannette926 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Birmingham and think that 750 is very reasonable. I have looked into several DJs from Birmingham and Huntsville. All the ones I have looked into range from $700- 980. I thought that it was a lot at first, too, because I wasn't expecting to spend that much.
    **October 8, 2011**
  • Options
    krimsontide82krimsontide82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using The Bridesmaids, Denise O'Rourke and she is charging me $400 for 3 hrs but that $400 is actually for 4 hrs.  but my venue rental is only for the 3.  She is so nice and has the lighting package, etc.  Very good deal. She will play whatever you like too.  Her website is www.thebridesmaids.biz. Tell her Kristie Jordan sent you.  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards